How do people expect Obama to clear up 8 years of negligence in half the amount of time?

People seem to foreget that it was bush who destroyed the country. He started the war, he started the recession, he started the unemployment rate, the auto industry fell with him in office, the terrorist attacks. All of this was done with bush in office and it happened consistently. Obama came in and they wantedit to be fixed immediately which is impossible.

I'm not even American I just know that 8 years of a country being run by bush can't be fixed in half the amount of time.

• .Asky
    Best Answer

While I agree that Bush was the catalyst for all of these bad things, I believe that Obama has not done enough. It has been four years. Lots of people who aren't crazy, stupid, Romney supporting types can see that Obama is not that great. He only goes liberal on social issues like gay marriage and abortion. Other than that, he has a lot of broken promises. I do understand that congress has blocked his attempts at certain changes, but he's not really much of a liberal at all when it comes to foreign policy. He's not doing enough to stop military spending, and he's hanging on to Israel The average American person does not care about Israel or believe in Israel and what they are doing. The average American can't even point to Israel on a map. There's no reason for it to be this way, and the real reason that America loves Israel are all bad reasons that can't help American people. Obama isn't the worst thing that ever happened, but he's not beyond judgment. He's had four years, if things were going to change, they would have done so already.

Woah there. Lets not forget the lovely Clinton housing bubble and the idea that "everyone should be in a house" that set the stage for the economic decline. Admittedly, bush's economic policies may not have helped. I mean I suppose people can point fingers and play the he did she said game. Technically Obama said he would be a one term president if unemployment was not at 5%, and sure, this is obviously political rhetoric, but it resonated with some voters, I think. Essentially I agree with you though, I mean the economy is improving, the misery index has gone down, GDP is growing (something foreign to the bush years).

Here we go. So we are going to hear about Bush again for the next 4 years.

Republicans should be required to abandon the elephant as the symbol of their party. Or else people need to change the statement "Elephants never forget" to "Elephants never remember what they don't want to remember."

I have no idea, but I totally agree with you.

Thank you......