How can a Canadian/Taiwanese work in the US?

Hello folks,

I am a Taiwanese Canadian, and I have both Taiwanese and Canadian citizenship. I recently graduated from a Canadian university with a M.Sc. in Environmental Engineering and I have a Bachelor's degree in Physical Sciences and Mathematics also from a Canadian university. I have been trying to get an entry level position in the related field, but so far I haven't been quite successful. Most companies here in Alberta, Canada are looking for people with experience. As a fresh new grad, this is something I don't have. However, I noticed that there are actually quite a bit of entry level positions available in the U.S. My friends and relatives have suggested that I apply for those positions in the US. But I have no idea if I am eligible to work in the US. I kinda feel that if I am a senior engineer with 10 years of experience, then maybe they will want me, but I am a fresh new grad with no industrial experience, will they allow me to go to the states and work?

My other option is go back to Taiwan. In fact, I have got 10~20 interview invitations, but the thing is if I do go to Taiwan and work there, I will have to fulfill my conscription duty first before I can start working. I don't mind going into the military and fulfill my duty, but this is not something I want to do at the current stage of my life. I would really want to start working and gaining some hands-on experience. I am already 27, I am quite old for someone who still hasn't had any industrial experience. So if I spend a year in the military, I will be almost 29 before I start looking for work.

Please advise, thanks!

Favorite Answer

Easiest way is with a TN (NAFTA) Visa. All you need is a valid offer of employment from a US company. You present your Canadian passport, a copy of your college degree and employment records which establish qualification for the prospective job and proof of your offer at the port of entry.

http://www.visapro.com/TN-Visas/TN-Work-Visa.asp

TN Visa - Canada is Suitable For:

Canadian citizens with a bachelors degree and a job offer from a U.S. company

Canadian citizens in specialized occupations, such as scientists, engineers, programmers, research assistants, management consultants, social workers, and accountants

Canadian medical and allied personnel including dentists, dietitians, laboratory technologists, nutritionist, pharmacist, physical therapist, psychologist, registered nurses and veterinarians

Canadian companies to transfer employees to their U.S. parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate without the 1 year foreign employment requirement in the case of

L-1 visa

U.S. companies to bring in qualified Canadian professionals for jobs that require a bachelors degree and specialized skills

For me, the thought grow to be actually inborn, simply by fact I even have an comparable twin sister. It grow to be continually 'us' and on no account 'me'. On a larger scale, a mandatory clue is in Genesis a million the place God says, "enable us to make guy in our image, in our likeness." If our author is greater complicated than in basic terms one individual, then His introduction is going to have the thought-approximately 'us' interwoven into the very fabric of existence. The Christian doctrine of the Trinity places it simply by fact the single Being of God subsisting interior the three persons of the daddy, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and the Bible shows all 3 have been vitally in touch in introduction. there is the pre-historic previous 'us'! It additionally is clever as quickly as we attempt to attraction to close the biblical theory that God is love. If God grow to be completely by myself till now any introduction began, He ought to purely love Himself - it fairly is narcissistic. yet whilst 2 different persons shared His Godhood, then that love grow to be perpetually flowing between the three uncreated creators, who're the single God, the single author of Genesis - the single author who's 'us'.