Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 8 years ago

Undervaluation of the Yuan causing corruption in China?

I was wondering if there is any relationship between the undervaluation of the Chinese currency and the widespread corruption going on there?

How are the government officials taking advantage of the artificially depreciated currency?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Mukund
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

as far as i am concerned----------->there seems to be no link between ''artificial yuan devaluation'' and ''corruption'' in china

both are independent of each other

infact ----------> artificial yuan devaluation by chinese ''monetary authorities'' has --->boosted chinese exports worldwide and ensured prosperity back in the chinese mainland,due to these export remittances

just my view

good luck

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There is no evidence that the chair of the central bank has taken the bribe. But I have heard that the officials who buy and sell the dollars to defend the rate do. Moreover the guys who can follow the guideline to buy companies in foreign countries do. The guys who can give cards to the export industries who leap the huge benefits, do.The guys who inspect the imports and exports products do. And more.

• 8 years ago

PRC is not mixed economy though they pretend to be, so monetary corruption is almost impossible.

If such things are spread by the west in the hope of " chinese spring", that too is impossible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.