Frankenstein essay help?

I'm doing an essay in my English class on comparing/contrasting Frankenstein and 1984. The theme I am doing is corruption and power. My sub points are technology and corruption ; innocent/corruption and also nature and corruption. I was looking for help in finding some points for this mostly for Frankenstein. If you could give me even one point that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Lane
    Favorite Answer

While Frankenstein has the obvious theme of hubris being punished. Frankenstien is god like ( the modern prometheus) and in his hubris he attempts that which is only for god. Whether you consider that corruption might depend on your own religious beliefs.

Regarding nature, the wretch was, while in the state of nature, kind, loving, large souled etc. It was only through his expereince with the hatreds and prejudices of society ( based solely upon his physical appearance) that made him "evil" or at least vengeful. This theme of the "noble savage" was prevalent ( and debated) in the works of Voltaire and Rousseau ( kind of). In this case leaving nature becomes a corrupting force.

Just some thoughts.