Is admission to York or Ryerson University easier through continuing education?

Currently I go to George Brown College with a 2.8 GPA in finance and I was planning to complete a bachelors degree at either York or Ryerson university. Ideally I would like to be in full-time day but I don't think I have the GPA for it so my second best option is continuing education then transfer to full time after a year. I just like to know if admission to continuing education to either university easier or they assess the same way as a full-time application?

Favorite Answer

I graduated from York a few years back, and from what I remember, yes - it was easier to get into a part-time/cont-ed program than into a full-time program. I know this because when I initially applied to several programs, one of them I did not have the GPA for, and York suggested that I apply to the part-time equivalent and than transfer to full-time in a year.

To be 100% sure though, I would call admissions at both York and Ryerson and ask them directly as their policies change all the time. Hope this helped.

By the way, here is a good resource on how to increase your GPA and get good grades in university - http://universitysuccessguide.com/