Dell Inspiron One 2330 Problem.?

I just bought the Dell Inspiron One 2330. When I was setting it up, it asked me to create a password. I was sure of my password, but then when I tried login in, the password didn't work. So now, I can't get on. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Wisely C

You are going to have to either restore the system to factory conditions or reinstall Windows. Restoring the system to factory conditions will delete all the information that you have added to the computer up to this point. The factory restore puts the system back to when you first received it and set it up.To perform this function you would start the computer and press the F8 key until you see some options on the screen to choose from. From the list you will need to select select the one that reads "Repair Your Computer" and follow the prompts to restore the system to factory conditions.

Below are the steps to restore.

Restore the computer's software to original condition

1.Turn on the computer.

2.As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

3.Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select "Repair Your Computer" on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and press <Enter>.

4.Specify the language settings that you want, and click Next.

5.Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and click OK.

6.Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

7.In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

8.Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.

9.Click Next.

The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

10.When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer. The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

Thank You,

Dell-Jesse L

Dell Social Media and Communities

• erlene

Dell Inspiron 2330

Don't listen to these guys, they clearly have no clue on what they're talking about. I am a developer at Microsoft so I know a thing or two about computers. The only way to reset your windows password 100% safe is to use a software called Reset Password Pro.

The software allows you to create a boot-disk, that can be made on a CD/DVD or USB stick. The boot-disk can then be inserted into any locked machine, and it's a simple case of pressing reset. Here is their official site: http://www.resetwindowspass.com

What is the hard disk file system for the Inspiron One 2330 as shipped by Dell? Does it matter in buying external hard drives?

• Thomas4 years agoReport

Hard disk file format--FAT, or something else? I just wanted to know whether I have to match the external drive format to the hard disk format. Also, I have Windows 10, and most of the descriptions for the external hard disks mention Windows 7 and 8 but not 10.

I'm trying to restore my computer to factory settings i try this recommended steps and still not working i can't get anywhere when i press f8 i change the key board thinking it was the key board but nothing i need help

No display signal after upgrade to Windows 10

Hello Guys, I need your helps please about about a trouble that I get with a dell inspiron one 2330 aio. it doesn't work well after boot in the company trade still appear ( dell) can't access to the bios menu, can't manage anything. I reset the bios b removing the battry cmos, nothing change. I don't know what to do, to resolve the problem. I m waiting for your comments.

if my screen shows no boot press f1 or f2 how do i boot up my system. i bought a dell drive cd for my computer and windows 8 to try and reboot but i do not know how to set up the cd. please help with some advise.