Katherine asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

Why do some people insist that the holocaust was a fake?

I have to write a paper for my religion class about the conflicts that can originate from religion. And I came across a book that interviewed people who seriously believe that the holocaust was a fake and jewish conspiracy to take over the world, I mean are these people for real?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are so many inaccuracies about the Holocaust they can't even be counted.

First is the Holocaust and NAZIs were all about anti-semitism exclusively.

Hardly. Over six million Jews died in the Holocaust AND five million other ethnic groups, PLUS over 3 million Communists, etc.

Second is the fact the NAZIs were an efficient people; they were as efficient documenting the victims as they were destroying the evidence as the war came to a close. That's prime conspiracy material fodder - where are the gas chambers.

Also is the fact Hitler's name doesn't appear on any 'holocaust' paperwork - he didn't even sign The Wannsee conferences 'The Final Solution to the Jewish Questions' documents that enacted the policy into law [it was authored by SS Gruppenfuhrer Reinhard Heydrich and signed into law by Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring]. Conspiracy theorists love loopholes like that.

It wasn't the NAZIs, it was some fringe group.

Or the cite the very valid Hitler didn't plan on killing Jews [which is true].

The hope was things would be so unbearable for them they'd leave on their own... a very simple solution. There was nothing chaining them to Germany, exit visas were available for Jews, indeed some tried leaving - problem is the world didn't want them either.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=1...

Next plan, ship them all else-where, let them live happily ever after anywhere - but here. Thus the Madagascar Plan. Problem there was Africa fell to the allies.

http://ww2history.com/blog/ww2-anniversary/the-naz...

That's the whole reason The Final Solution is called the final solution... and some as a result figure it's the whole worlds fault eg a world-wide conspiracy against the Jew as they ignore the Great Depression and the fact few countries could even afford to feed their own nvm refugees.

I'm not saying it right mind you...

The biggest irony, is 'The Big Lie Theory' was a device used by the NAZIs, Goebeel's especially... no matter how outragious the lie, say it with enough conviction and say it often enough... and people sooner or later will start buying it'.

And here the deniers are doing exactly that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • tuffy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

There is a whole group of conspiracy theorists regarding any significant historical event. There is no way to prevent them from stating their case, ignoring them is one's best bet.

• 8 years ago

They don't want to accept that something that horrible could happen

• Jesse
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

This could help you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.