What to wear with this type of dress?

I bought a dress similar to this one for a New years party/dance

http://cdnc.lystit.com/photos/2012/10/26/alice-oli...

(closest one to it on google images)

The only difference is that it is lace and sequins on top and kind of a brown/nude color underneath. The top is a silver/purple kind of color I have nude heels to go with it as well.

I'm wondering what hairstyles and jewellery would go well with such a busy dress? I've never quite worn anything like this before.

Favorite Answer

Have your hair down and sweeped to one side, sort of like the lady. If it looks a bit plain curl it slightly and then on the hand which has no sleve on wear one bracelet that's quite chunky that goes with the colour. Maybe some (fake) pearls that suit the colour or maybe a silver charm one;) Then just some natural makeup and if it's a posh place you're going smokey eyes. If you don't want your hair down try it in a messyish bun with a few curly strands coming down either side, and maybe your frindge out if you have one.

Go with a low/medium high japanese bun. bubzbeauty on youtube has one that would work with this dress. For makeup: go natural with the lips, and maybe do a soft smoky eye.

Jewellry: A thin silver chain and no earrings or big pearl earrings.

Good luck to you!

Source(s): Sense?

I would dress like that model in the picture. Keep it simple, no necklace, maybe a pair of nice earrings (studs), loose wavey hair like that is super nice and smokey eye!