Why i cant change product key in Windows 7 ?

there used be an option for me there but i dont see it anymore ! :(

ok i bought my laptop new 1 week ago , i was running original windows 7 ...i went there i put a random key

and now i cant change it and windows says ur not ruining real windows .....?

what i can do i do still have my orginal product id and keys but i cant change ? :(

Best Answer

1st you shouldn't of needed to put in a os key, but seeing that its new do a factory reset, and you should be ok.

You can't just put a random key enven though it may come pre loaded, the COA key (sticker) is on the base of the laptop, is would have already been activated and that is why is is saying it is not original, the key doesn't match the OS installed, you need to access the recovery partition and take it back to day 1 out of the box. try tapping F3, F11, alt+F10 and holding power button down +0 (zero), or as it is still under warranty take it back to whee you bought it?

Source(s): IT Tech
  • simer

in case you have the container the product got here in - then seek there - commonly the product key's hidden at the back of each and every of the bits of paper on the interior. Or verify the lower back of the container (in case you have the container) in specific situations that's on the lower back... Or in case you cant locate the product key touch the area which you acquire it from origionally and clarify that there is not any product key

Of course, you can buy the product key from the microsoft official shop, but it's so expensive.

so i suggest you buy it from some online MSDN partner shop, like oggus.com, with cheap price.

my windows 7 product key was bought there. genuine key with fast shipping, now my win7 OS has been activated one year. feel good! hope it can help you!