Can an employee of ebgames not let you pay for a mature games?

I mean like a parent buy mature games for there 6 year old kids would they get u in trouble?

• Tacit
    Favorite Answer

A ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2011 (Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association/Entertainment Software Association) found that video games are a constitutionally-protected form of expression, and that laws restricting their sale or rental based upon violent content are unconstitutional. That said, ESRB supports retailers' voluntary policies restricting the sale or rental of M (Mature) and AO (Adults Only) computer and video games in the United States and Canada to customers who are at least 17 and 18 years of age, respectively (unless permission from a parent has been obtained). Through efforts such as the ESRB Retail Council (ERC) and a strong commitment on the part of major video game retailers, retail stores have vastly improved the rate at which they comply with their store policies, as measured both by the ERC mystery shopper audits as well as audits conducted by the FTC. More information on federal, state and local regulations in the U.S. is available through the websites of the Entertainment Merchants Association (EMA) and Entertainment Software Association (ESA). In Canada, you may contact the Entertainment Software Association of Canada (ESA Canada) or the Retail Council of Canada (RCC).

As for anything after sale, as long as copyright infringement laws are not breached, those not of the respective age limitations can play the games. The laws are in place for the purchase, and for the intent of use of persons. Example if you the parent, at the store tell the clerk the Mature title you are purchasing is for someone of non-respective age(say a 12 year old) that clerk has the right to refuse purchase of the title, however no legal matter would ensue.

Source(s): ESRB FAQs

All stores can card a person attempting to purchase a game rated M for mature if they don't think they are old enough. I went to Walmart with my friend and his family. The employee took the game out of the display case and gave it to me, but the cashier up front would not let me purchase the game despite being with an adult. Therefore, I had to give it to my friend's dad and let him buy it for me.

Seemed pretty ridiculous to me, but they were able to stop me from buying the game. She wasn't going to let my friend's dad buy the game either, but he threatened to complain to the manager.

The registry only lists the people who have been caught. Only 1 in 25 cases of sexual abuse are ever reported. That means for every person living near you on the registry, multiply that by 25. This list also does not delineate the difference between someone who urinated in public, was a Romeo and Juliet case, streaked, was sexted by a teen, or was framed for downloading child porn which can be a pic of a 17 year old. The registry costs tax payers over $600,000,000 per year. Don't click it. It only validates its worthlessness. Sandusky wasn't on the registry. Ariel Castro wasn't on the registry. Did it protect any of their victims?

• Alex C

Probably, why would you buy your 6 year old Mature games in the first place?

Well, just as long as an Adult has the game in their possession, but as soon as the game is bought the adult can hand it to there child. I'd probably let the child see it once I have left the store.