I set a fake wedding date?

We are eloping, but to get our family off our back I set a fake wedding date. It has gotten around to other friends, now a lot of people know. Was that a bad idea?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Lying is a bad idea no matter what the reasons.

Now you are going to have to fess up to your loved ones - who will be deeply disappointed in your immaturity.

Personally, I don't think you're ready for marriage - you know - the 50 years that happen AFTER the ceremony...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Lying is what you did and yes it was a VERY bad idea. Why did you do this to begin with? If you're just eloping than why would people bother you about this? Tell the truth to everyone and don't set a fake date again. Tell them that you and your fiancee are eloping and that you're having the reception date on this day.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Many times if a lady has a ring on her finger, men and women will ask to see it out of sincerity, to let her comprehend that they care. Does it hassle you that you should not have a hoop or is it the response that you just get from others? Should you love each and every other dearly and also you two have chosen to not spend money on the engagement ring, which there's nothing fallacious with doing by the way, then it really shouldn't subject what other individuals's reactions are. But if it particularly does bother you, that you may put on any style of ring. It does not need to have a diamond, or any variety of gem. I are aware of it's usual for poeple to appear, but i am definite that quite they're blissful for you and your fiancee regardless.

• 8 years ago

Of course it was a bad idea. Your only options now are to either get married on that date, tell people you've decided to change the date, or elope and tell people you decided not to wait any longer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Lying about something this big is just childish. Yes, eloping might hurt some people's feelings, but lying about it to their faces is a hundred times worse. You're adults. Act like it.

• 8 years ago

Well you can renew your vows that day or just have a dinner party. Tell them that day is not your actual wedding day but that you will be have a dinner party to celebrate your marriage. Nothing wrong with that. My sister in law got married just her and her Husband and then a year later had a celebratory renewal of the vows and dinner party because that's what they could afford the wedding of their dreams but felt they shoes be married if they are living together.

• 8 years ago

Yes

You seem to make more problems down the road

The thing you should of say that you were working on a date, can not agree

• 8 years ago

Lying is ALWAYS a bad idea. You need to brush up on your problem solving skills so that you don't revert to lying everytime you need an easy way out, because, as you're witnessing first hand, it's not so easy when you get caught in your lies.

• 8 years ago

Very bad idea. You're gonna have a lot of disappointed people to talk to.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

yes

especially if they are expecting to come to a wedding and a reception

peace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.