I'm in school for insurance...?

And I am wondering... how do you move up?

I am looking to get into underwriting. I know the step after being a junior underwriter is an actual underwriter and then eventually a senior underwriter. Where would you go from there? Is there still room to move up?

What about the other roles in insurance companies? Is there more room to grow being a broker or a claims adjuster?

Any information would be welcome thank you :)

• Tom Z
    Favorite Answer

My career started in the way that you describe. I started out of college with a business degree with no insurance specialization at all. The company trained me in an intensive 4 week fundamentals of insurance class. I become a personal lines auto underwriter. After a while I became a commercial lines underwriter and after a change in employers I eventually when on to become the commercial lines underwriting supervisor. Had I continued on that path the next step up would have likely been a move up to the corporate home office.

In my case, I was interested in an agency sales position. Because I had daily contact with independent agents in the field I had many contacts that eventually led to a job in an agent's office where I took over for a retiring agent. It was an ideal set up because I was able to take over his book of business and add my accounts. After a while my partner and I bought the agency from the remaining principals.

It all depends upon what you want to do with your career. Stay in a corporate environment where you have a clear career path with some, perhaps minimal, level of security or go into the more uncertain world of brokerage. It's up to you to decide.

Good luck and best wishes.

Source(s): ...

Um, that is not "health". That's crew accident insurance policy, IF IF in the event you bought into it. And IF IF in case you purchased 24/7 insurance policy. The best way it really works, is you go to the physician/health center, and get copies of the scientific expenditures, and then mail them to the plan administrator. Most commonly that insurance policy is on a secondary foundation, to every other legitimate health insurance insurance policy you would have. Traditionally, it'll have a $a hundred deductible, and pay as much as $10,000 in medical charges, however I've additionally seen $1,000 deductibles, and then it can pay as much as $100,000 in clinical bills. All of it depends on what the institution selected to present.