Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why can't I change the background image on my computer?

My computer (HP Laptop) is about two years old and running Windows 7. I have changed the photo on the desktop a number of times via the right-click menu on the desktop "Personalize" or when looking at the picture in Windows viewer or Lightroom. . .basically, I am aware that there are multiple methods for doing this and I have tried them all.

That being said, as of last night, I can't get the image to change. I was able to change to a solid color background but I can't change to ANY other image--not my own photos or the Windows theme images either.

When I start up my computer there is something called Catalyst Control Centre that says it has stopped working. I tried suggestions from the internet to disable that with regedit. I really have no idea what that means, but I did it.

I still can't change to a pic. Any suggestions?

Yes, I have tried right click the image and select "set as desktop wallpaper". Did this inside Lightroom and also through the files on Windows, and the image viewer.