Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

what is the minimum age to date an 18 year old in Canada?

I like this guy and I'm 14 and hes 18, and graduated. what do I do? He thinks I'm cute (not like a baby) and I think he's cute but I want to ask him on a TimHortons date. If we were to be friends, would it lead up to a romantic relationship?

• bw022
    Favorite Answer

There is no law in Canada against dating anyone of any age. The age of consent in Canada is 16, with a five year close-in-age exception for 14 and 15 year olds. As such even sexual relationships would not be illegal in Canada.

That said, there are obviously non-legal consequences. Such as your parents forbidden you from seeing him, moving you away, calling his boss up and having him fired, filing a restraining order, causing issues with is parents, calling his landlord, having it become knowledge at school, pregnancy, STDs, likely having to lie to your parents and friends, etc., etc. depending upon the type of contact.

2 more years to go