Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

Why do people look at me funny when I say I like K.C and the Sunshine Band?

I'm about to turn 19. But whats wrong with liking old music?

Favorite Answer

Sometimes, people just look at you funny. OK, so you like solid gold disco! Not exactly my thing (and I was alive for it), but whatever guns your motor.

Someone told me they started as a Junkanoo band, and I love Junkanoo dearly (the stuff is too crazy not to love, go to Bahamas and give it a listen), but KC and the boys were just too disco for me. I was a kid then, but even as a kid my heart was all rock & roll. But if that's the way uh-huh uh-huh you like it, shake your booty dammit!

Don't listen to nobody else, not ever. I'm a living breathing 80's metal head, and the guys in my band used to laugh at me when I'd listen to Dolly Parton and John Denver because I wanted to. If your friends hack on you about your music, do what I always did: Reach for your zipper and ask them to speak into the microphone.

Good for you.

KC and the sunshine band put out some good catchy music.

I have three of their songs on my mp3

boogie shoes

im your boogie man

shake your booty

• Its ok.....there is nothing wrong liking that old disco relic from a bygone age....(funny look when leaving).

You obvioulsy have good taste and they dont, Old music, is way better than today stuff.

Doesn't make you a bad person...have you ever seen this duet? I love that man. :)

http://youtu.be/Smbj9MRX9I0

Youtube thumbnail

*looks at you funny*

Ah, don't worry about it.

Because they're disco.

Because that band is horrible.

Yeah, but old GAY music?