Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

Why do people look at me funny when I say I like K.C and the Sunshine Band?

I'm about to turn 19. But whats wrong with liking old music?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes, people just look at you funny. OK, so you like solid gold disco! Not exactly my thing (and I was alive for it), but whatever guns your motor.

Someone told me they started as a Junkanoo band, and I love Junkanoo dearly (the stuff is too crazy not to love, go to Bahamas and give it a listen), but KC and the boys were just too disco for me. I was a kid then, but even as a kid my heart was all rock & roll. But if that's the way uh-huh uh-huh you like it, shake your booty dammit!

Don't listen to nobody else, not ever. I'm a living breathing 80's metal head, and the guys in my band used to laugh at me when I'd listen to Dolly Parton and John Denver because I wanted to. If your friends hack on you about your music, do what I always did: Reach for your zipper and ask them to speak into the microphone.

• 8 years ago

Good for you.

KC and the sunshine band put out some good catchy music.

I have three of their songs on my mp3

boogie shoes

im your boogie man

shake your booty

• Its ok.....there is nothing wrong liking that old disco relic from a bygone age....(funny look when leaving).

• 8 years ago

You obvioulsy have good taste and they dont, Old music, is way better than today stuff.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Doesn't make you a bad person...have you ever seen this duet? I love that man. :)

http://youtu.be/Smbj9MRX9I0

Youtube thumbnail

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

*looks at you funny*

Ah, don't worry about it.

• 8 years ago

Because they're disco.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because that band is horrible.

• 8 years ago

Yeah, but old GAY music?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.