Why is Sims 3 crashing while saving?

I have Sims 3, all the expansions and stuff packs (except for Katy Perry Sweet Treats), and 90% of the time while I try to save the game crashes. There's no error reports, it just says "Sims 3 has stopped working", and it offers me to check online for a solution so whenever I do that nothing comes up or happens. I've tried DEP solution and that hasn't worked. I tried deleting my custom content, that didn't work either. I've read online every where and haven't found a solution for this issue, only for errors.

I'm losing my mind! Whoever could help me I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I just thought I'd add that I've been playing with this sims for over a year now and I've never had this issue!

Favorite Answer

As previous person mentioned, may be corrupt save files. Rather than just deleting them, copy them to another folder first (so you don't lose them if this isn't the case). Then try starting a new game and see if it crashes when saving.

Another possibility is that you have installed something that is conflicting with the game. This would typically be an anti-virus or anti-spyware program, but could theoretically be anything. You may also have a virus or spyware program that is incidentally causing this to occur.

Also, you might want to check your available hard drive space. You should have at least 15% of your total hard drive space free, otherwise your computer may run out of virtual memory which can cause crashes like the one you are describing.

I don't recall if Sims 3 does cloud saves, but if it does, or if you have it set to send data to the Sims 3 community, you might want to try disabling those features and see if the crash still occurs.

You should also try disabling all background applications that load at startup. You can do this by:

Press Windows Key + R to open the "Run" comand line.

Type in "msconfig" and click OK

Go to the "Settings" tab in the window that opens

Put a check mark in the box next to "Hide all Microsoft services"

Click "Disable All", then click OK

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Do so, then try the game again.

Hope that helps.

Source(s): Personal knowledge.
  • ?

How previous grew to grow to be into the computer that broke? What grew to grow to be into the type and type selection? If it grew to grow to be into an older device, it probably had undesirable specs that could desire to no longer even run the Sims 3. Ever pay attention of device standards? they are listed on the sphere and on the Sims 3 information superhighway web site. you're meant to verify them and determine your computer's specs a minimum of adventure regardless of's on the sphere, in any different case it won't artwork. There could have been any variety of option matters, inspite of the fact that. to procure a sparkling computer? As in, a sparkling one? you quite have not got concern enjoying on a sparkling computer. in accordance with what to procure, your settings could be quite low and the interest won't look as stable because of the fact it quite is designed to, regardless of the fact that it is going to be playable on a sparkling computer. in basic terms determine you play in an exceedingly cool area and on a table or table. Laptops get heat jointly as gaming, notably in the event that they are literally no longer designed for gaming. If it does get great heat, then close down the interest and then the computer. it quite is summer season time, and desktops do no longer artwork as properly in severe heat temperature. stable fulfillment!

• Amber

Your save files might be corrupt. This might suck really bad but did you try deleting your saves?

What they said.....

Why are all the answers so short these days?