Can Windows 8 play Minecraft/Steam games?

I know both Notch and Gabe Newell criticized it, but I was wondering if it could still play their games.

Favorite Answer

I have only come across one game so far that I can't make run and that is only a small game called Poker Night at the Inventory. I have 98 of my Steam games currently installed and they all work perfectly (including GTA IV and EFLC).

If it works in Windows 7 it is highly likely to work in Windows 8.

It really isn't as horrible as some people make out, yes they removed the old start menu and start button and added their new Modern UI. You can install a third party app, many of which are free such as Classic Shell or there are paid options such as Start8 from Stardock which is the one I use.

They will return the start button and menu and make windows boot straight to desktop allowing you to completely ignore the Modern UI if you wish and use Windows 8 like you did Windows 7.

Many people just repeat what they hear on the internet without even using it or dismiss it purely because of what Gabe said.

It will play all modern games, now if your talking 2006 games and stuff like that, well....it might not. Because I've heard of a few games that you can only have xp or vista b4

I know it can't play some games like GTA4, and its just horrible too.

Btw, I like your name :D