elvis presley asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

My dog is gagging up white foam?

My dog woke me up this morning by gagging extremely noisily. I tried tickling his throat but it didn't work, he kept gagging- Sometimes white foam comes out.

I gave him bread, and he hasn't gagged since. But what could he have? Please I'm really worried it's too early to call the vet (5 AM) so help!!

Favorite Answer

Is it a big dog? Is his stomach distended(bloated/sticking out)? He could have an obstruction. Has he pooped recently? If he hasn't pooped in a long time that's bad. If his stomach is big that's bad, too. There are emergency vets that are open 24 hours. Just google one in your area because it sounds like you need to get to the vet. Good luck!

Only the vet can say for sure, so call them as soon as you can. Keep him calm and quiet inside and don't keep tickling his throat. Just let him be. There are 24 hour vets that you could call and ask for advice, rather than here, and that would be more helpful for you.

Hi

Going to a vet is the only option plus safe

But for now don't give him anything to eat. It happened with my dog my vet said don't give him anything to eat n if he pukes foam or anything dint let him jump on to that n eat.

I just hope your dog will be fine

Can be lil indigestion. But first thing inthe morning go visit a vet.

Has he been to a groomers, vets office, dog park in the last 2 weeks? could be kennel cough

Definitely call you vet without delay. It is not normal behavior and and it should be checked out.

Vet's have answering service's you can call and leave a message.

Maybe he can marry your boyfriend. I heard men like gagging white foam.

Give him lots of water in case he ingested something that he shouldn't have. I hope that you're able to make him feel better.