palces to visit in malaysia?

i will be in malaysia for 3 weeks in february. where should i go and what should i see?

- i will fly in/out of KL

- i want to see some nature

- i want to ride an elephant

- i want to spend some time on the beach

- i don't want to fly anywhere domestic

- i travelling alone (late 20's)

thanks!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Kuala Lumpur

Spend 2-3 days in KL.

Penang

Penang is a must visit. Penang boasts an array of charming historic buildings and places of interest displaying both Eastern and Western influences. There are also idyllic beaches for sun-worshippers and picturesque hills for nature lovers. Not to be missed too is Penang’s superb food, from the famous nasi kandar and Penang Street chendul to English tea on Bukit Bendera and Chinese fare.

http://all.talkmalaysia.com/penang/penang-travel/

Langkawi

Visit Langkawi for it's famous beaches.

http://www.abclangkawi.com/

Pahang - Taman Negara (National Park)

The 4,343 sq km National Park or Taman Negara is home to million year old tropical rainforests. Within the park boundary are picturesque jungle trails, giant trees, limestone caves, excellent fishing spots and exciting river trips. The 400-metre long and 25-metre high canopy walk is the longest in the world. Within the park is Gunung Tahan, the highest peak on Peninsular Malaysia at 2,187 metres. Camping grounds, resthouses, chalets and hostels are available here.

http://all.talkmalaysia.com/pahang/pahang-travel/t...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • jariya
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I lived in Malaysia l and know the country well

For the Beach try to go to the Island Puala Kapas

Elephant riding is not common in Malaysia like in Thailand you might not get this chance

To see a Elephant in Malaysia (Except in the zoo) it is very difficult

For Nature go to Taman Negara NP one of the best in the world

Canopy walks , jungle hideouts, night walks, exotic birds , some rare endangered mammals may be seen with a bit of luck

Bumbung Kumban hide if lucky you might see a black panther, tapir or elephant at a waterhole below

The MATIC in KL can put you with a tour operator who will take you to Taman Negara from KL and back

Gentling Highlands and Gap are good for bird watching but some strenuous climbing may be necessary

• 8 years ago

Malaysia’s rich cultural heritage is apparent. Besides this, Malaysia boasts of fine beaches with crystal clear waters, the world's oldest tropical rainforest, spectacular cave systems and the tallest twin towers in the world.

Kuala Lumpur - One of my favorite destinations in South East Asia, Kuala Lumpur is Malaysia's crowning jewel.

Melaka (also known as Mallaca) - My second favorite place in Malaysia, Melaka is around an hour and a half's drive from Kuala Lumpur.

Penang - One of the most popular destinations in Malaysia for Thais and people traveling from Thailand is Penang, as it's so close.

Cameron Highlands - Cameron Highlands is famous for the silk trader, Jim Thompson, who left his home in Thailand for a trip to Malaysia.

Langkawi - Malaysia's beautiful 99 islands. The area known as Langkawi, is actually off the coast of Malaysia and is one of the most popular and best tourist destinations in south east Asia.

• 4 years ago

because of the fact which you have visited Malaysia two times, hence, i'm specific you probably did experienced our tropical climate as in warm and humid. So, positioned on some thing this is appropriate to the encompassing climate. next on, in case you're vacationing the Muslims mosque, Buddhists and Hindus' temples, or the different non secular places, you've positioned on good clothing- with sleeves, and of direction, it may well be under your knees whether its a shorts or skirts. %. some thing this is appropriate to the area which you intend to pass to. for my area, casual is often the main suitable- a T-shirt with a pair of denims:) Welcome to Malaysia. appreciate your holiday and characteristic exciting. i'm very specific which you will gained numerous reports throughout the time of the journey. Kuching is a constructive place with large nature in accordance to my cousin who stayed there for 3months. do no longer forget approximately to deliver alongside a digicam for astounding captures notably on sceneries. Bye:)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Uhhh... isnt is kind of cruel to ride an elephant.. people treat them like toys...they are quite intelligent I'll have you know! You sick, sick man/woman! You know what... the only reason I wanted to answer this question was because I have gone to malaysia on multiple occasions... but I have zero respect for you...So I refuse to give you any of my information!

• 8 years ago

beaches:

- langkawi island

- tioman island

- pangkor island

fun

- genting highland

nature

- cameron highland

- fraser hills

- national park (taman negara)

Happy journey!!

• 8 years ago

if u have time go to kelantan too for the malay culture.

• 8 years ago

serkinchan in selangor

sorry dunno if this will help you...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.