any animes similar to sword art online? (SAO)?

i just finished watching sao and it may be by far one of the best animes i have watched!!

i absolutely loved the romance and the action, so i was wondering if there is an anime that is similar to sao? when i mean similar, i don't mean one that is in a virtual realm (it can be in one though) but i would like the anime to be similar in the romance and action part. the damsel in distress and the tragedy and the action oh my gosh i just LOVE IT! ((off topic)) (((spoiler)))) but i love it when asuna dies! don't get me wrong i LOVE her but i just love kiritos reaction showing how much he loves her! and theres a lot of chemistry between them (i mean they're married) but like it shows the love. i just really want an anime that has similar romance and action! (OH AND THE ART MUST BE GOOD) i'm sorry i'm REALLY picky about that. i absolutley ADORED sao's graphics. thank you so much! hope to see your answers!

sorry, but i don't like animes like bleach and dbz, too over rated and common. i would like one that just similar to sao in romance and action please! (mainly romance)

Best Answer

Accel world

-include serious Romance

-Virtual reality system

-same author as SAO

-set in the same world as SAO

Btooom

-include serious Romance in later episodes

-Both are playing a survival game

-Real death included

-Both main protagonists are awesome gamers

Accel World is the same author as SAO so I would recommend that. Chuunibyou is another good anime it just ended! That's all that I can really think of that would be interesting to you! (Yay for loving SAO! I'm glad alot of people know about it!)

~Guilty Crown (Not Much Of Romance But Good Action)

~Chrome Shelled Regios (No Romance But Good Action)

~Btooom (Romance and Action. Uses Bombs Instead Of Swords)

have you watched all of sao? Asuna doesn't die they just split it at episode 15 the rest are English subtitled but its way worth subtitles

Bleach

Fairy Tail

DBZ

.hack