any animes similar to sword art online? (SAO)?

i just finished watching sao and it may be by far one of the best animes i have watched!!

i absolutely loved the romance and the action, so i was wondering if there is an anime that is similar to sao? when i mean similar, i don't mean one that is in a virtual realm (it can be in one though) but i would like the anime to be similar in the romance and action part. the damsel in distress and the tragedy and the action oh my gosh i just LOVE IT! ((off topic)) (((spoiler)))) but i love it when asuna dies! don't get me wrong i LOVE her but i just love kiritos reaction showing how much he loves her! and theres a lot of chemistry between them (i mean they're married) but like it shows the love. i just really want an anime that has similar romance and action! (OH AND THE ART MUST BE GOOD) i'm sorry i'm REALLY picky about that. i absolutley ADORED sao's graphics. thank you so much! hope to see your answers!

Update:

sorry, but i don't like animes like bleach and dbz, too over rated and common. i would like one that just similar to sao in romance and action please! (mainly romance)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Accel world

-include serious Romance

-Virtual reality system

-same author as SAO

-set in the same world as SAO

Btooom

-include serious Romance in later episodes

-Both are playing a survival game

-Real death included

-Both main protagonists are awesome gamers

• 7 years ago

Accel World is the same author as SAO so I would recommend that. Chuunibyou is another good anime it just ended! That's all that I can really think of that would be interesting to you! (Yay for loving SAO! I'm glad alot of people know about it!)

• 7 years ago

~Guilty Crown (Not Much Of Romance But Good Action)

~Chrome Shelled Regios (No Romance But Good Action)

~Btooom (Romance and Action. Uses Bombs Instead Of Swords)

• 6 years ago

have you watched all of sao? Asuna doesn't die they just split it at episode 15 the rest are English subtitled but its way worth subtitles

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Bleach

Fairy Tail

DBZ

.hack

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.