Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 7 years ago

Can this laptop run modern games?

It's an HP EliteBook 8530w Notebook, the specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 4GB DDR2, 300GB, Windows 7 32-bit, NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M. If you have any tips/suggestions then tell me. Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

My laptop actually has the same GPU. I have a Dell Precision M4400.

It runs Minecraft just fine, and TF2, L4D2, Portal 2 run just fine as well. But, a lot of games do struggle. Super MNC, for example, requires heavily toned down graphical settings. Skyrim struggles on anything more than low, and Starcraft 2 (which isn't the most intensive of recent games) runs on medium ish.

Google "quadro 770m notebookcheck" and the first result should be benchmarks for this GPU.

Also, email me at smwedit@yahoo.com with the price and which display resolution it has, so I can give you further details on how good of a deal it would be.

------------

• 7 years ago

The quadro seriea graphocs cards are not meant for gaming.they were made for things like gtaphic designing, So i do not recommend this laptop for gaming.

• 7 years ago

If you already own the laptop then you'd be able to make due. It won't run anything on high, you'd have to settle for medium/low graphics settings.

• sole
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

without attempting to sound impolite, actually not. integrated pictures is carefully ineffective. no matter if you had the finest GPU contained in the international you'd be bottlenecking your CPU, which isn't large at 2.00 GHz

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Dont think it can run. processor might not be enough and graphics is also not enough.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.