Why is the calorie count wrong?

I look at the nutrition facts for a VitaMuffin and it says 100 calories, but when you actually add up the calories from the carbs, fat and protein, it adds up to almost 140 calories. I heard when the fibre isn't digestible (It has 9g of fibre), it doesn't show in the nutrition facts. But when I actually add up my calories for the end of the day, do I add the 40 calories to the muffin?

Favorite Answer

Total carbs - fiber = net carbs. You take this number and multiply it by 4 to get the calories.

So if it has 9 g of fiber, that can be where the extra 40 calories you calculated. Technically, it's 36 calories, but they round.

• Vitamuffin is from a nutritionally sponsored company, and I am sure their nutrition label is right (pr they would have been sued, as they advertise their muffins as 100 calories)

Plus, 40 extra calories will not even make a difference...

Source(s): me

i grew to become right into a nanny at one element interior the comparable problem. I took the little woman to a doctor with the ok of her parents and the surgeon suggested that is all approximately element administration, no longer inevitably putting her on a weight loss application yet merely attempting to diminish returned and safeguard the place she is at. in actuality, at one in all those youthful age that's substantial devour nutritiously. Substituting end result and veggie snacks instead of cookies and chips is your suitable guess. practice him the right meals to devour and you additionally could make it relaxing too. i does not complication approximately energy merely nutrition.