i got an samsung galaxy ace and it does not let me go on the internet with out the wi-fi?

this is kinda bad when i am out and about and need to check my emails,facebook ect,

how can i get it to use the phones internet instead of the wi-fi ?

please help

Best Answer

Go In Settings, Mobile And Networks, Or Start Up Settings Which You Do For The Very First Time!

See Whether You Have Selected Wi-Fi Only Mode! Disable It And Select Wi-fi And Mobile Network!

Make sure your wifi is turned off when not in use. This messes up my phone when I am not using wifi and am using data instead. Then go and turn on the data (this is either 3g or 4g, depending on your phone). There are probably a few ways to do this. Try pulling the top panel of the screen down (press on the top of screen and pull down), I believe most phones have this option. There you can turn wifi on or off, and turn "mobile data" on or off. Simply press mobile data. If that is not an option, then I honestly have no idea.

I hope this helps a little bit, and if not I hope you get an answer that will :)

Good luck!

Source(s): myself

Access Point Name (APN) is a computer protocol that typically allows a user's computer to access the Internet using the mobile phone network.

So when you connect to the internet it is either by 3G or Wifi, the phone has a unique APN for each.

re WIFI

Wifi does 2 things turns OFF the 3G signal and turns ON Wifi , After using Wifi you have to re connect to 3G!

Turning WIFI off is just that turning WIFI OFF, 3G is still off in that it is now pointing to the Wifi 'address', SO the internet icon will not connect you to the 3g internet.

So to use wifi you activate it... but AFTER using wifi.....

you have to do MORE procedures to reconnect to 3G

eg typical

Menu /Settings / System / Wi-Fi

or

Menu Settings / Wireless & networks. / Mobile networks / Network operators or Access Point

once you change the tab to the 3G you can go out but NOT ABOUT! but you must be in before....

Source(s): phone GSM

It shouldn't do. I easily have a Galaxy Ace and my settlement only contains texts and calls, NO cyber web information. I continually get admission to cyber web utilising wireless and characteristic no further prices for that. wireless is loose to apply, utilising 3G/similar on your telephone is the position you incur expenditures.

go to settings , then under it go to wireless & mobile settings , then go to mobile networks , enable mobile data there , and use net from ur phone

stilll if it not working select access point name (apn), and go.

Source(s): myself