can minors get a tatoo in North Dakota with parental consent?

I'm 16 I live on the border of north Dakota and Minnesota. My parents divorced and both have 50% custody of me. My Mom would allow me to get one but my dad won't even consider it. Mom thinks that both parents need to agree to get me one, but my friends (who don't know as much as they act like they do on the subject ) say I only need one parent's consent. Would I be able to get one in north Dakota with only my mother's consent?

I will never understand how people can figure out how to ask a question on yahoo answers, but not how to use google. Go to www.google.com and type in "tattoo laws by state" into the search bar. The first page that pops up is a wiki page that you can scroll through to find your state. Apparently, in North Dakota minors can legally be tattooed as long as a parent or legal guardian is present with written consent and proper (I assume that means government issued) identification. I don't think there are any states that say you need the consent of both parents. It would be pretty crappy of your mom to disrespect and undermine your dad's wishes though. If you really want a tattoo that badly, then waiting 2 years to get something that you're gonna have the rest of your life shouldn't be that big of a deal. A good tattoo is something that should be worth waiting for.

Source(s): Pierced and tattooed and I know how to use the internet.

I think it depends on the tattoo place, usually you have to be 18 or older to get one and if you're younger you usually only need one parents signature, sometimes it's whoever is in charge of you or who you live with. Go with your mom and get her to sign, if the place has a problem and needs another parents signature just say the father isn't in your life. Just be sure to really think through before you get the tattoo because you're 16, you still have growing to do! If you get it in a spot like your side, it can change over the years, also it's going to be on your body the rest of your life, try and make it something meaningful I mean it's up to you but if I was underaged I wouldn't jump at getting a tattoo of an elephant or an anchor even if its small unless it had meaning but that's me. Hope I helped!

Source(s): I got a tattoo at 16 too, of my grandmothers handwriting in a letter she wrote to me before she passed

Only if you tattoo it on your vagina

Source(s): Tattoo artist