What is the main language spoken in Brazil?

All this time I thought Brazilians spoke Spanish, but now im hearing its Portuguese, is it true that most Brazilians speak Portuguese?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Portuguese is spoken by all brazilians, and it's the sole official language of that country.

Apart from Brazil, Angola, Mozambique, Guinea Bissau, São Tomé and Principe, Cape Verde and Guinea Equatorial in Africa and Macao and East Timor in Asia, also have portuguese as their official language

They share that trait due to Portugal (the origin of the language), which colonied them all in different times, during the Portuguese Colonial Empire that lasted from 1415 to 1999/2002.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Most Brazilians speak Portuguese- probably because Portugal colonized Brazil a long time ago. Portuguese is also very similar to Spanish.

Source(s): I take Spanish classes... if that helps lol
  • 8 years ago

The Offical Language in Brazil is Portuguese

• 8 years ago

Portuguese

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

No, it can be not! The principal language spoken in Brazil is the Portuguese. In reality, part of the Brazil used to be of the Spanish in the colozination, however the natives of the Spanish phase not ever spoken Spanish. All Brazil speaks Portuguese. The others languages are spoken by immigrants of each and every country in the world (however they converse Portuguese, for definite), tourists and Indian's dialects (tupi and so forth.). Adequate? Stick with God...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Portuguese.

• Josh
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Portuguese. It's the only Sputh American country that speaks Portugease. Every other South American speaks Spanish or another language.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Its not MOST BRAZILIANS.

All brazilians speak portuguese.

Thats our language.

You think that we speak spanish, because americans don´t know nothing about anything.

And WE HATE THAT PEOPLE THINKS WE SPEAK SPANISH.

• 8 years ago

Hello, I am Brazilian and I'm from sao paulo. It's true;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.