Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

What are novels I can use for a good character/psychological analysis?

Like Huckleberry Finn and a character that progresses throughout the novel?

Best Answer

Holden Caulfield in Catcher in the Rye

Ponyboy Curtis in The Outsiders

Any of the boys in The Lord of the Flies

Chances are you have never heard of this novel, seeing how it just came out and is by a new up and coming author but I'll tell you now, the psychological aspects are progression of the character is great. It's called Lazarus, and I personally think the author was trying to make the evolution of the main character the main plot point. From start to finish you watch someone completely change before your eyes. And the way you feel about him in the beginning is not the same at the end. lol Here's the link if you wanna give it a try. I highly recommend it!

http://www.amazon.com/Lazarus-Volume-1-Charles-Dun...

Source(s): I've read it twice and I just got it a week ago! lol
  • i know a series where the characters progress throughout the series, and its incredible the changes they grow through. gone series by michael grant. the events in the book lead the characters to change in personalilty, like one (promise no spoilers ;P) is snarky in the first book but as they progress she is actually kind. it shocked me. or you can see the characters develop post tramatic stress or see how the sadist characters grow more sadistic. or how terrible people grow a heart, and good people turn bad then good again and what promted them too. i hope this helps!