Why dont they put carol burnett on dvd?

So i got the new carol burnett dvds for christmas and it reminds me of how good those shows were when i was growing up. For a while now ive been trying to find the carol burnett show on dvd (more episodes then carols favourites) to show my kids but realised they havent made any. Does anyone know why? Thx in advance!

Favorite Answer

.Carol Burnett and Friends DVD Collection : iDVD Shop

iDVD Shop is an online DVD store which provide Carol Burnett and Friends DVD Collection.

www.idvdshop.com/Carol_Burnett.html - Cached

I bought that for my dad a few years back I don't know if they put them all on dvd or if its just a few of their best episodes I will say like you those were the best tv shows ever

my guess is it comes down to 'Royalties' for the bit players, and perhaps music rights if teh show used any popular songs from it's era

a secondary reason might be that much of the material is 'dated'. by limiting the DVDs to 'Favorites' they can pick the ones that are best remembered and hold up well and thus they avoid breaking peoples' 'nostalgia filters'...

-- a good analogy might be SNL, I cannot recall ever seeing Full season sets, it is always Best of Year Y or Cast member X... and the TV Reruns all but ignore the musical Guests, many of whome were flashes in the Pan, whose 15 minutes of fame were used up before the episode first reran on NBC

I was more of a fan of Mama's Family with Carol as Vicki Lawerence's daughter. I did find that I was actually beginning to have the same attitude and making smart *** comments just like Mama. It was hilarious, but could lead you down the path of making enemies who don't think you are funny when you are insulting them. I loved Tim Conway and that other guy who was on a lot.