David asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 8 years ago

How to get new birth certificate in ontario?

My parents lost it and I have all the other id that I need, how do I get it?

edit: I would prefer not to do it over the internet

• SteveN
    Favorite Answer

Service Ontario is the department responsible for issuing and re-issuing birth certificates. They have a service that will allow you to submit a request and pay the fee online. It is quite safe and easy to do.

However, if you are not comfortable using the internet for this service, your remaining options are:

1) Use "snail mail" and submit an application to Service Ontario along with any required supporting documents. Send it by Canada Post and make sure to have the letter registered or certified so you can be sure the documents arrive and are not lost in the standard mail somewhere.

2) Go down to the nearest Service Ontario location and submit an application in person. I believe all of the ServiceOntario kiosks have been closed down and they handle almost everything online now, but you may be able to call them and find an office or location that you can actually go to. I would call them to be sure they are still open though.

There are 2 kinds of beginning certificates which you'll be conscious for. One is the familiar wallet style which particularly plenty all of us has and there's a protracted beginning certificates style. It has each and every thing one it, beginning mom, father, scientific institution, physician, little ones call(s), weight, length, ect. Calling provider Canada may be the ideal concern to do.

Birth Records Search Database : http://birthrecords.neatprim.com/

You can apply online to get a copy of your birth certificate. Not sure what the cost is, but the website will tell you.