Klj asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 years ago

benign essential tremor?

My 18 year old brother has been diagnosed with benign essential tremor, its a mild case, but it still worrys me, he is a hard core drummer and plays in a band, teaches drums and everything, will this effect him? it worrrys me sick, its part of his life and id hate to see him loose the ability to play, please help me out here

I have an Essential Tremor, I was diagnosed in high-school(I was 13, I'm 19 now). Good news I find that my tremors come less often, when I was younger my hands would shake nearly all the the time. Bad news my tremors have gotten worse, when I was younger I could work through them, now I have to stop what I'm doing or really struggle. This will be a life long thing for your brother, I hope that he is able to do what he loves for as long as he can.

P.S

There are medications for Essential Tremor, but nobody knows how well they actually work for people