Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 8 years ago

Is it possible to do 100 consecutive chinups?

And how would one go about achieving this?

Favorite Answer

You got a long way to go for the record if you're only looking at 100 buddy.

The world records are done by times (1 minute, 30 minutes, 1 hour etc)...because truthfully, you could probably hang there for days and still be considered "consecutive".

Currently the world record for chinups in 1 minute is Jason Petzold with 67. If you want to use your legs to assist you, then it's a different category.

The record for most chin-ups in one hour is by Stephen Hyland with 993 (yes, NINE-HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE! :O)

Keep in mind, the difference between a chin-up and pull-up is your palms. Facing you is a chin-up, away is a pull-up.

Although I can't find a record for consecutive (getting off the bar), I'm assuming that Stephen Hyland's (again) is consecutive where he knocked out 4,020 in 7 hours and 50 minutes....the record for 24 hours however (set in just under 23 hours is Jan Kareš with 4,620) ...yea, I crapped myself when I read that as well...that's averaging about 200 per hour for a whole freakin' day.

You can check out all these freakish records (and some videos) here:

http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html

Source(s): I like me some pullups.

My father could do 54 full pull ups when he lived in the USSR. It would probably take like 3 years to reach 100 chin ups. I started by doing pull ups everyday and I improved a lot. When I started, I could only do 7. After a week and a half, I am 18. So just don't give up! It will take a while though. Good luck! :)

Source(s): Personal experience.

i do 100 pushup regularly.. i dont know if chinups is the same concept... but if i can do 100 pushup, i think 100 chinups are possible

I would love to see that i'm 17 and my record is 35 in a row, but I don't see how someones arms could do that all at once

Yes.

By practicing.

There is one thing for sure though:

This has nothing to do with martial arts.

Source(s): my brain ;)

yes its fairly easy.......practise,start with a small amount and keep adding more until you reach your goal.