Question for Muslims: Is it Haram or Makrooh to step or walk on a picture or a portrait of the Holy Kabba?

Salam bros and sisters

Now for those that read this question, you're probably thinking that I'm crazy for asking it in the first place because any Muslim who believes that the kaaba , being the holiest and most scared place on Earth would not allow himself to do such thing as we think it will degrade it's status. Just as we consider it insulting for the staunch opponents of Islam to burn, step on or trash our Holy Quran and degrading it's authenticity and status, we would also react the same way if we see someone placing a portrait of the Holy kabba on the floor and stepping on it.

However, what about a praying mat (sajjadah) that has a picture of the holy kabba printed on it? Do we react the same way towards a person who steps on the portrait of the Holly kabba as to someone who walks over a praying mat with the picture of the Holy kabba on it? How are these two cases any different from each other? In my opinion, both of these cases weather it involves a Muslim or a non-Muslim, both degrade the status of the Kabba.

One of my praying mats that I have at home has a picture of the Kabba on it. Usually I leave it on the floor facing the Qibla and while I walk on it all the same, I only recently came to notice that I have been unintentionally stepping over the picture of the kabaa. As a result, I began to feel that is it not right to keep in on the floor just as it is makrooh to keep a picture or portrait of the kabba lying on the floor.

Now my question is, do you think it is acceptable to have the pictures and drawing of the kabaa and other holy sites drawn on praying mats? I do not think it is appropriate and now thinking that I might just hang it on the wall for display only and get my self a new sajjadah to pray on that is blank with no drawings at all. After all, we don't need drawings on them in the first place because these cotton praying mats came only 300 years after the prophet. That being said, it is something new and to be discussed. What are your guy's opinion? I would like to know.

Walykom al salam

• Favorite Answer

It is haram, Kaabah is the gateway to heaven.

Creating a picture of quality might seem like it is a whole life away. It's not...  When you go through this program, Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery from here https://tr.im/qe38S you will quickly see how fast you will have a way to pull quality images yourself.

One of many first notable top features of Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery was how detailed the program was. You can find around 605 cases and images in that course, which is really a good thing because understanding how to draw pencil pictures requires a lot of visuals.

Additionally there are over 260 pages of guided recommendations since Christopher Sia, mcdougal with this information protected a wide variety of topics, from correctly stuffing out the iris to a particular two stroke technique that brings reality to hair.

Walaykum as Salam

I think Muslims need to chill!! It's only a picture of it not the real thing. My head goes on the ka'bah part so I've never intentionally stepped on it but if my son had crawled into the kitchen I walk over it before he starts touching something that'll hurt him. No big deal

Muslims do not worship the Khabah

Muslims walk inside, around and ontop of the Khabbah

Muslims also prayed and still pray ontop of the Khabbah

What kind of person prays on what they worship or consider holy?

Muslims worship Allah SWT and Allah SWT alone. Those are called Muslims in submission to Allah SWT and they ask Allah SWT. Muslims read the Quran and find their answers through the divine decree given with mercy and in perfection. That is not online nor is it your paranoid superstitious traditions or cultures or phobias.

Bylal R.a. climbed the Khabbah, after they went into the Khabbah and broke all the Idols in the Khabbah, and then he called Athan ontop of the Khabbah and he prayed his Salat ontop of the Khabah.

Why can't you read your own religion?

Why do you have to circumambulate the Ka'aba seven times?

Why not just once?

Why not eight or six times?

And why only in a counter-clockwise direction?

• N

Wa alaykum assalam

We're not supposed to step on the praying mats, just the tip of it of where we're standin but not on the kaaba part, I don't anyways..

Are pictures not supposed to be haram to Muslims?

• ?

I would teach a good lesson to someone doing it.

Source(s): very angry

Salam

It is haram