can you help me with homework? its 8th grade algebra and dont understand it?

its stuff like writing equations and solving equations here is the one im haveing most problems on....

6.8=c-2.2 and heres one om writing equations

or write a varuable expression on the sentence

the value in cents of d dimes

please help me u dont have to do it at least try to explain math is my worst subject

For the first one do the same thing to both sides in order to isolate the variable "c"

6.8= c-2.2

6.8+2.2=c-2.2+2.2

9=c

For the second one you need to make an equation where: If you plug in the number of dimes that you have for d, it will equal the total amount of money(in cents) the dimes are worth.

We know that 1 dime = 10 cent, and lets just say V represents the value in cents

Therefore,

V=d * 10

Or in english,The Value in cents is 10 times the # of dimes

EX: If you have 7 Dimes, d=7, And V=70 cents

For the first problem, you want to isolate the variable on one side of the equation. That way you'll be able to figure out what the variable equals, as you'll have: something = c

To isolate c, you have to move the -2.2 to the other side. You can do this by adding 2.2 to each side, as the 2.2 and the -2.2 on the right-hand side cancel out. You get:

6.8 + 2.2 = c

Collect like terms:

9 = c

There's your answer!

For your second question, note that each dime has a value of 10 cents. Therefore, if d represents the NUMBER of dimes, 10d represents the value those dimes contain, in cents. For example, say I have 4 dimes in my hand. Plug that into the formula: 10(4) = 40. I have 40 cents in my hand.

I hope this helped!

• k

6.8 = c - 2.2

add 2.2. to both sides

6.8 + 2.2= c

9 = c