Arrest Warrant Issue?

So,

I live in Canada, visited Florida a few summer's ago and got into a little fender bender. I was with a friend in Panama City. She got very exhausted so she wanted me to drive us back home to Alabama. In a parking lot, I backed into a car and the police came and I was charged under a criminal offense for not having a valid drivers license *fine*. So after returning to Canada and negotiated with the Bay County Court, I was issued a Plea of no Contest in Absentia (or whatever) and was ordered to pay a total fine of $390 U.S. within two months or whatever. The problem was for some odd reason or another, the payment I sent never made it to the courthouse and I do not have any evidence to support these claims. I am only a PR in Canada and am due to apply for Citizenship soon. I have tried many times to contact the Judge assigned to my case via fax as directed by his assistant, but still no response. I am worried that I will not be granted Citi. if this warrant is currently active. Im only 21, a full time student, a husband and a BRAND NEW father, and can't afford to "cross the border" and go to Florida to fix this issue especially since im only a part timer. Anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do?

Lolita-

Thanks for the suggestions, yet i skimmed every inch of there website can't find anything, OR, because i never had to deal with something like this before, am completely lost on what to be looking for.

If you wanna take a look, the problem lies within the Florida 14th Circuit Court, Bay County

Favorite Answer

The Court probably issued a capias for your failure to pay your fines. File a Motion (stop calling by phone) to Lift the Capias and Motion for Teleconference to get things back on track. Look at the Court's website. It should have forms that you can download and file. At the teleconference, ask the Judge if you can mail the fine in again and if they will vacate the capias (warrant). Be prepared to pay additional penalties for being late and a capias fee perhaps. The Court will want the money immediately....no payment plans.

1

Source(s): Criminal Record Search Database : http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?TxLa
  • kolva

rather? What are uk officers asserting? "Israel's ambassador to London, Ron Prosor, conferred with officers interior the British Ministry of Justice who informed him that they have been unaware of any criminal criticism or arrest warrant against the former remote places minister." And Livni? "Livni's workplace reported in a assertion following the checklist that her visual attraction on the London journey become canceled 2 weeks in the past as a results of a scheduling conflict." Who further this situation up, then? "opposition chief Tzipi Livni on Monday canceled her participation in a Jewish function in London, after a warrant for her arrest become issued over section in final iciness's Israel's Gaza offensive, Arab-language media have stated. " ok, first, there's a time discrepancy between the Arab source and Livni's workplace on while she cancelled her participation. 2nd, what place did Livni rather have interior the operation? finally, the source is Al-Quds Al-Arabi, which i think of might have the chutzpah to print this variety of slanderous tale. no person else claims that Livni has a warrant against her. I merely desire Haaretz did a greater useful interest of highlighting Al-Quds Al-Arabi's idiotic claims.