Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Politically speaking....what's with the USA?

And gun use? What has changed in society to make shootings happen so often? Serious question. I am not against guns, don't own one, but don't understand what has changed to make all this shooting happen. Thank you.

• Sue C
    Favorite Answer

(((DM))) am SO MUCH in agreement with you! It's down rite scary the things that are happening are horrifying to say the very least. These people ARE ALL mentally ill. To do what's been happening here in

the USA IS getting far too out of hand. The thing that scares me the most is the headline news the media gives, to me give more copy cat idiots to do the very same things. I live not far from a large city, Phila., PA. EVERY single nite there are shootings & killings in the news. Not a day goes by we don't hear of folks, innocent folks being killed in drive by shootings. With ALL that's gone on lately, I can truly say I DO hate guns. The rite people aren't the ones doing these horrific killings, it's the mentally ill who are doing it. Don't know what, but SOMETHING MUST be done about it & done shortly after, not to be put off for months to punish these perpetrators...Enough IS far too much...hugs, sweetie...:)

Edit: THANX (((Sweetie))) for "your hand" in your other question, KNOW it was you...xx

Population increase alone accounts for a chunk of it.

Let's say psychos are 1 in a million. So when the US was founded there were 11 pschos in it. Now there are 310 million (as well as 3 to 10 million undocumented immigrants)....so that gives us about 320 psychos.

Just 1 psycho with a rifle makes for a very very tragic news cycle.

Hey DM... This is a very complicated question that MANY very smart folks are trying to figure out..

The problem is not with the "guns".. it is with the notion that violence is ok as a method to resolve their issues. Many of these folks are "copy cat" criminals.

Some of what I think the issues are:

Mental illness is more prevelant and untreated... desensitization of violence in younger folks.. A break down and erosion of moral behavior and acceptable behavior. A culture of a lack of accountability for one's actions... a culture of "everyone is a "winner" and gets a "gold star"... not enough spanking and tough love... Not enough proper care and safe keeping and respect for firearms...criminals not properly punished and

Just a lot more people in the US... acting stupid...

Come on over and see me DM.. I can explain so much better in person... I have a persuasion "stick" that is a great tool to teach with!

I honestly and seriously blame the internet - I think that there is an internet group that is designatiing these shootings to people that they attract due to a tailored message for people that have screws loose and want to lash out for revenge

kinda like Fight Club but online

Well the GOP wants the Latino vote.

The problem is immigration reform, but also stricter gun laws.

Those are the TOP 2 things Latino voters care about.

Talk about irony....

lol

Its the same as before but the media and Obama is making a big deal over it now.

An Immigrant Nation.

• Kevin

Have you ever seen "The Cable Guy"? That, in a nut shell.