Can't access my external hard drive?

I have a Seagate GoFlex external hard drive, when I connect it to my computer it dings like it is about to do something and it is in my devices list but it wont back up and i cant access any of the files on it.

Any ideas?

There is files on it it was working fine till it was not.

• Jordan
    Favorite Answer

Try restarting your computer with the hard drive plugged in. Make sure you have the driver for it installed if necessary.

Your exterior demanding tension could prepare as an icon on your show screen. basically drag and drop each and every thing you decide on on that tension. in case you opt to clean area on your device's demanding tension then do no longer forget approximately to delete regardless of you progression onto the Lacie as quickly as you have checked that it has transferred effectively. in case you opt to start putting stuff quickly on the Lacie then basically specify it because of the fact the trip spot everytime you save something. you have a multitude of means because it stands and that i'm uncertain why you opt to circulate stuff onto the Lacie, except that's for motives of backup, that's clearly a sturdy concept. that's a shame you're no longer on a Mac, as you may then have, on Leopard, the remarkable Time device facility which will mean by no skill dropping something ever returned. in case you do no longer think of you're plenty sturdy at desktops make your next one a Mac - they are easier, smarter, and cooler than a computer, and much easier to apply. Vista is the place Mac replaced into approximately ten years in the past.

in Disk Management

make sure the drive is set to Online.

if it is new and you have not used it yet.

format it to the NTFS file system.

.

Connect the drive, then reboot your computer.