What is the best sports bike for riding long distances?

I'm looking into getting my first bike and I think I'm going to get a CBR 600 f4i because I've always been partial to Honda but I don't know for sure. I have a $4000 limit and a big thing is I really want to take the bike up to school. My school is 650 miles away and I want to find a bike that... show more I'm looking into getting my first bike and I think I'm going to get a CBR 600 f4i because I've always been partial to Honda but I don't know for sure. I have a $4000 limit and a big thing is I really want to take the bike up to school. My school is 650 miles away and I want to find a bike that won't kill me on the way up. I heard that preformance wise they're pretty much all the same (GSXR, ninja, cbr, r6) but I'm looking for ease of use and maintenance (because I'm new to bikes), erganomics on a long ride, reliability and mpg is also a pretty big factor. I'm about 5'7 and 200 pounds and I want to get a bike I can control when I'm coming to a stop, ie touch the ground fairly firmly. Its also got to be fuel injected. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
5 answers 5