Good car for a 18 year old thats cheap on insurance?

Hi, i just turned 18 and recently have been looking in purchasing a used car. my budget is about $5000 and I will be able to afford my own insurance. I dont want a very low quality but i also cant afford a mercedes. So what do you think i should look at? I live in Ontario Canada btw.

Favorite Answer

Phil,

I don't know what would be available in that price range at your local Chrysler dealer but my recommendation is always to get what ever vehicle you choose inspected by your local dealer. This is to ensure that it is to manufacturing specifications and to make sure the vehicle you choose has been maintained.

When buying used, never be afraid to ask to take it to get inspected - if they want to sell you the vehicle, they will let you take it.

Good Luck in your search!

Chrysler Canada Inc.

Top Care Team

Buying a car regardless of what make is tricky if it is used. I have bought used German cars, Japanese and American cars and honestly I have had the best luck with German cars. I have bought a used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C Class and I still do not have a problem with it to this day. If you are worrying about insurance I do not suggest German vehicles unless you are looking into the Volkswagen vehicles which I highly recommend. Japanese cars are low in price and have generally good fuel economy but they are very cheap cars, the driving is not pleasurable, and they just have odd features to them. American cars are built very strong and they are very comfortable. The engines that Americans make are very strong and are bullet proof, but as the Japanese some of their qualities are cheap, they also consume a large amount of gas. What I suggest for you that is low in insurance and a fun type of vehicle to drive is Volkswagen. They are very cheap and are superb in reliability. Also if you want to save in gas you should look into TDI Volkswagen which are Turbo Direct Injection. A Passat I would believe would fit you amazingly.

Source(s): Owner of 2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class, 2004 C-Class. Owned 2002 Volkswagen Jetta and Passat, 2004 Honda Civic, 2006 Honda Accord.
  • ?

There is no cheap insurance for 18 year historical`s . This age team is high hazard , most have simply handed their riding experiment . I believe women get a lowered top class as they aren't viewed any such excessive chance component as a young male .There can be no discount in the top class ( simplest increases ) until at least 25 years historic As for making use of your moms and dads insurance , not a lot risk , When the insurer asks for named drivers , or how many automobiles on the top rate , the average regular is to category the second automobile as a young driver . The exceptional approach is to choose monthly payments , these fee more , however at least perhaps extra low priced .

Mercedes are not the most reliable and they are expensive to maintain. Honda accords tend to be very reliable and cheap on insurance. You can peobably find the luxury trim with leather seats