What does .... mean in a text message?

Favorite Answer

...... isn't a texting icon; it's used in every day grammar and punctuation. However, in texting, it's used as a pause ... or dead air, so to speak. I tend to use it when I'm beginning or ending a quotation, to imply that there are words before and after the portion that I've quoted.

"The ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in the flow of a sentence and is especially useful in quoted speech:

Juan thought and thought … and then thought some more.

"I'm wondering …" Juan said, bemused."

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/ellip...

Source(s): Professional Reader & Writer, Teen Writing Tutor, credentials in profile, Internet Research, YA Community Volunteer.

It's always either a gap filler because there's nothing else to say (conversation is dying) or you just said something that they thought was stupid.

• Bela

Its means huhhh

• HK☆

I cannot say it, you should think of it yourself, my reply wouldn't make you happy so I can't tell you, ...

i love you and fancy you.

what do you think it meens? dar

awkward ....

what. did. you. just. say

huh?

mostly "huhhh what?"