Question to Christians. Why is the Trinity doctrine not mentioned in the old testaments?

Not only that, the Jews reject it entirely and it was never brought up by Moses when he taught his people about the attributes of God. Can some Christian brothers and sisters please shed some light on this?.

thanks.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

You need to remember that the Old Testament was all about "the mystery."

It was a mystery that had not yet been fully revealed. The mystery had to do with Jesus Christ being sent into the world to be a living sacrifice for our sins. Back in Old Testament times, they were getting hints about it, but it was not fully revealed. And there were many prophecies that they did not fully understand, but then when these things came about, then it all made sense.

So the Trinity did exist back since the beginning of time, it was just not revealed that way back in the Old Testament because Jesus had not yet been born as a baby. That happened in the New Testament.

And with respect to the Jews, well, they do not accept that Jesus was (is) the Messiah.

The Christians will come up with the most ridiculous explanations to prove that the Prophets of the OT believed in the trinity.They insist that the Prophets were aware of it but just never taught it.

Even though Moses said "Hear O Israel:Yahweh our God,Yahweh is One."

Even though Isaiah said "Remember the former things of old:for I am God,and there is none else:I am God,and there is none like Me."

Even though Jesus said "Hear O Israel:Yahweh our God,Yahweh is One."And the scribe agreed with Jesus by adding "Well,master,you have spoken the truth:for there is only One God:and there is none other than He..." And Jesus agreed with the scribe by saying "You are not far from the Kingdom of God."

The trinity is false just by these verses alone.They are proven false when we read that Jesuswas praying.God does not pray under any circumstances whatsoever.He is the Object of prayer and does not pray either to Himself or anyone else for that matter.

Source(s): Bible
  • Seeker

Well, God did not reveal

his full nature to Moses.

The Doctrine of the Trinity talks about ...uh... The Trinity...

Where are you lost on this?

Also, Jesus did talk about the 10 Commandments in "Mark 10:17-20" and "Matthew 19:16-20", AND IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT JESUS WAS INTERRUPTED WHEN HE RECITED SIX OF THEM, so he didn't get to finish them all, BUT WOULD HAVE.

Jesus, in fact, was the rock which Moses struck:

For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. They all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

(1 Corinthians 10:1-4)

I don't believe in the Christian Trinity. It was made up. There were a number of religions at the time of the Early Church which had Trinities. So The Christians just copied them. Zoroastrian, Greek and Egyptian religions all had trinities.

• gelger

you've obviously finished some analyze in this, yet you're leaving out a fantastically significant verse. In John 10:30 Christ evidently says "I and the daddy are one." for this reason, you do not ought to imagine that John a million:a million became declaring that the be conscious had the traits of God, because Jesus Himself reported that He became God.

Some say Isaiah 48. Remember G-d was doing something new, so it would be prophesy.

St. John the Baptist was preparing the way. He was a prophet under the old testament. When he baptized Jesus the Holy Spirit descended and a voice said Thou art My Beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased.

Another time Jesus meet with Moses and Elijah on a mountain and a voice said, This is My Beloved Son, Listen to Him.

Jesus said go into all the nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The "trinity" = The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit. And it most certainly IS found throughout the Old Testament:

THE SON:

Proverbs 30:4 - "Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?"

Psalms 2:12 - "Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."

Isaiah 7:14 - "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Daniel 7:13-14 - "Behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."

Proverbs 89:27-28 - "And I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him."

Daniel 3:25 - "Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God."

THE HOLY SPIRIT:

Isaiah 63:10 - "But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

Isaiah 63:11 - "Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?"

Psalms 51:11 - "Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me."

Genesis 41:38 - "And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?"

because god did not reveal the trinity to israel it is hinted at in the old testament

the word for god in hebrew is plural meaning more than one

when god talks he says let us genesis 1:26

two jehovah's mentioned

Isaiah 44:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Romans 16:25-26

King James Version (KJV)

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Short version.

While the word Trinity does not even exist in the New Testament, evidence of the Trinity can be found in the Old Testament by careful reading.

Genesis 1: 26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1. Verse 26, Let us, our image, after our likeness - all plural

Longer version needs more thought and words

Its there but they choose not to see it :

"Let us make man in our image." Genesis 1:26

Isaiah also clearly manifests throughout that the Messiah is co-equal with God,

Isaiah 40:3

Isaiah 9:6

also see Psalm 110:1 These and other OT passages clearly spelled out that the Messiah is also God Himself