Error 403 Access denied?

Everytime I try accessing my school's online portal, I am "denied access" and it says:

"Access to the web page was denied

You are not authorised to access the web page at http://vaniercollege.omnivox.ca/. You may need to sign in.

HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request."

The site(s) works if I connect my laptop directly to my modem but not while I'm connected to my wireless.

Website: vaniercollege.omnivox.ca Host: sram.omnivox.ca (both of which are giving me same results).

The website was recently "hacked into" revealing over 250,000 students' info (it was all over the news here). They implemented new security measures and ever since, I can not access the site. Several other people are having similar problems.

I really need this working as I access it several times a day to check my grades, messages and assignments online.

What would you suggest I do? Change my router IP address? If so, can I have a step by step on how to do that?

I am running on windows 7 and I have access to my wireless router's config/settings.

Thanks in advance!

It doesn't work on any of the browsers! (I'm using Chrome the most though)

Favorite Answer

When you try to access the Windows Update website, you receive the following error message:

Error 403: Access Denied/Forbidden

This issue occurs for any of the following reasons:

You are running personal firewall software or some other security, download assistant, or web accelerator software.

The Windows Update site control is missing or is damaged on your computer.

The Hosts file is damaged or contains incorrect information.

There are missing or damaged Internet Explorer files that display the script on the page.

Source(s): I'm a computer tech guy

403 Forbidden The request was a legal request, but the server is refusing to respond to it. Unlike a 401 Unauthorized response, authenticating will make no difference. 403.1 - Execute access forbidden. The following are two common causes of this error message: • You do not have enough Execute permissions. For example, you may receive this error message if you try to access an ASP page in a directory where permissions are set to None, or you try to execute a CGI script in a directory with Scripts Only permissions. To modify the Execute permissions, right-click the directory in the Microsoft Management Console (MMC), click Properties, click the Directory tab, and make sure that the Execute Permissions setting is appropriate for the content that you are trying to access. • The script mapping for the file type that you are trying to execute is not set up to recognize the verb that you are using (for example, GET or POST). To verify this, right-click the directory in the MMC, click Properties, click the Directory tab, click Configuration, and verify that the script mapping for the appropriate file type is set up to allow the verb that you are using. Cheers:)

Omnivox Vanier

• lapan

Vanier Omnivox