How can I have 2 windows open at the same time on Windows 8?

I have posted this before, and I think Yahoo Answers was shut down temporarily.

How?

Favorite Answer

http://postimage.org/image/kt5msh9fv/ful…

So as you can see, I have several windows open here. There's a couple of web browsers, Google Chrome and Firefox, Photoshop, and Komodo Edit with a HTML file open. I launched these from both the start screen and the desktop.

If you only have one program running at a time then you're probably running apps. These are a different kind of program in Windows 8. They run either full screen or at 1/2 or 2/3 of the screen width. Many of the default programs in Windows 8 are apps.

So if you'd rather run your videos in Windows Media Player or view pictures using the Windows Photo Viewer instead of using the Video and Photos app then you have to change your Default Programs.

While on the start screen type the world default. That will bring up the Default Programs tile to give that a click.

Next click the set your default programs link.

A new window will load. On the left side you'll have a list of the programs installed on your computer. So if you want to make Windows Media Player open all your music and video files you first want to click on Windows Media Player to highlight it. Then click the set this program as default button. Now whenever you listen to a music file or watch a video file it will open in Windows Media Player.

If you want your pictures to open with Windows Photo Viewer instead of the Photos app then you can change that here as well.

After those changes you can have both a Windows Media Player window open and a Windows Photo Viewer window open at the same time on the desktop. You can resize the windows and move them around just like you would in Windows XP.

Hope that helps some.

- Dominic

Hi there,

A simple free tool to edit html pages is Kompozer. Get it for free here http://j.mp/1rH1NcY

It's a very good program and easy to use.

Bye Bye

open another windows tab