Windows 7? or Windows 8?

Ok. I had an XP cd that finally broke on me. I bought a laptop with win7 installed, but the disc was not part of the deal. They did, however, offer a deal to buy win8 for $15. Is it worth it? I've heard ALOT of bad reviews. Or should I pay more to get win7? I'm not worried about price. I want something that's going to work well. I wish they still kept XP going.

Favorite Answer

Windows 8 is a big change for a lot of people. I adapted quickly since I barely used the start menu in Vista or 7. I pinned everything to my taskbar and used start search for everything else.

Windows 8 give a huge area to pin programs. Start search has been carried over but now that it runs full screen I can get a decent list of results when I search. So I think it's an improvement. 8 also boots super fast so I'm kinda spoiled now and I just don't think I could stand to go back to Windows 7.

- Dominic

Windows 8 for $15? That's very cheap...

To be honest, if you jump straight from XP to Windows 8, you probably wouldn't even complain if you haven't used Windows 7 in the past.

I would recommend Windows 7 but if you want to, go with Windows 8.

unless your laptop has a touchscreen, go with 7. windows 8 is an insult to PC users and I honestly think $15 is still a ripoff price.

Windows 8 is cheap but it comes down to will my computer work with it? I upgraded to W8 and it was so slow on my laptop! I had to go back to windows 7