hrt question for transgender?

im 17 gay person i want to take hormone replacement therapy so my question is do i have to take the therapy forever or how many months years before i finish estrogen, or do i need ony testorone blocker after estrogen? i'm just confused!!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

you don't finish estrogen

you are on it for life

you go on testosterone blockers until your testicles are removed

Source(s): ..
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Zunden
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Doctors will not give you HRT simply for being gay. The issues are completely separate and they would be legally guilty of malpractice for knowingly prescribing transgender care for a non-transgender person. That's like prescribing cancer medications to someone who doesn't have cancer. You can't do it.

If you are actually transgender, yes--you will be on estrogen for life, unless you choose to stop at some point. You will be on testosterone blockers for as long as you are producing male levels of testosterone that need to be blocked in order for the estrogen to be effective.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

gay people and simple transgender do not take hormone therapy

transexuals take hrt

transexual women take estrogen

estrogen is for life, you take the spiro as long as you have testicles once you have surgery you do not need it anymore

• 8 years ago

You're definitely confused.

Only people born with transsexualism take HRT to correct their condition. You don't just get it because you want it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.