Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Could Christians indicate what they think Christians need to do more of?

NOTE; If you are not a Christian, then only respectful replies are kept.

Christians....you, others, any Christian...what do they need to do more of?

Please explain, and if you like to use scripture, that's great if you

would help others reading to know what it is saying. I will know it, but

often people just have not read it, and this is for everyone here.

Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I noted a person above me speaking out on Christians who "Judge" again. First, I'd like to address this please...This scripture is one of the most misinterpreted versus and notably comes from non-believers that I personally feel is a misguided weapon for them to spew at Christians in an effort to mislead them into showing wrongful compassion for the non-believers.... Do you not find it odd that not one true Christian who knows an

d follows this scripture has a problem with it (probably because the fully understand it and and read it without conjecture and resentment). Yet , teach time we see someone misinterpreting this scripture, it will inevitably come from a misguided or resentful sinful wanton non-Christian? Here's the truth about the script from a professional :

(Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

This is the verse so many use to try to shame Christians for discerning poor behavior, ethics, morals, and values: the "judge not lest ye be judged" verse. So many times people, mostly teens have emailed us saying "judge not lest you be judged" regarding our analysis reports which reveal to their parents the content of movies. Using only Matt 7:1 is entirely incomplete. This verse is not speaking to not judging at all -- it is speaking to not judging unfairly or any other cheap and selfish way. Read the rest of the story ...

Matt 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged [if we judge with an evil heart or dark intent, His judgment of us will reflect it; if we judge nobly with honesty and justice, His judgment of us will reflect that, too], and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you [if we use extremes or exaggerations or other ignoble means, His judgment of us will reflect it and judging with fairness and compassion will garner likewise in His judgment of us]. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye [point out his sins, "minor" in Jesus' example here] and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye [our own sins, even and especially those we will not admit, magnified by our selective blindness]? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' [tell him of his "minor" sins] when all the time there is a plank in your own eye [that there are greater or the same sins in our own lives which we do nothing about or think we are above]? You hypocrite* [pointing out the sins of others while by pretense thinking of ourselves as above sin], first take the plank out of your own eye [sincerely ask the Lord for forgiveness and learn and live the Truth and Light by His Word], and then you will see clearly [be in a righteous position] to remove the speck from your brother's eye [to judge and to help him out of his bondage to sin]." At Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan, Jesus was talking to the multitudes gathered there after hearing of His message and of His healing to beseech them to not become like the pharisees and hypocrites who think they are above sin.

* Jesus' use of "hypocrite" in this verse is "hupokrites" {hoop-ok-ree-tace'} meaning an actor, stage player, a dissembler, pretender.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

this question is beside the point. God is a fictional character. The thoughts of Jesus are blatantly plagiarized from the Egyptian e book of the ineffective which if i'm no longer unsuitable is over 5,000 years older than the old testomony. do a sprint study on Horus. He grow to be born to a virgin mom, he grow to be a chippie, he had 12 apostles, he grow to be betrayed and killed then rose from the grave after 40 days. He even grew to become water to wine. If there's a power that great interior the universe (which I DO have self belief there is) we basically make ourselves seem stupid with the help of claiming we know it. a power so a techniques above us can never be understood.

• Paul O
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?”

And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Then he said to Him, “Which ones?”

And Jesus said, "You shall not commit murder; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness; honor your father and mother; and you shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?”

Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

(Matthew 19:16-21)

1. Keep the commandments. He references the Torah (or law) here.

2. Give to the poor. Throughout the Bible God asks His people to care for the poor, widow, orphan, and foreigner.

3. Follow Jesus. This means studying scripture and learning about him from an ancient Hebrew/Eastern viewpoint so we can understand what he was about.

• 8 years ago

They should attend church more often for starters. In the West, many who identify themselves as Christians do not attend services regularly, and if they did, questions like this could be answered amongst their own community for that specific region.

We should always preach the Gospel, and when necessary, use words.

Source(s): Russian Orthodox
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

We need to help or support those who risk their lives feeding the bodies and souls of those who need it most, we can't rely on governments for it.

If we are really in the 'final gathering' phase, the enemy will be getting desperate knowing time is sbort.

• 8 years ago

Study the Bible - know it inside out and use it as your guide to Christian living.

Pray constantly - bring all your concerns before the Lord and seek to know what God's will is for you.

Be prepared to be the answer to your prayers - we willing to bless others and help whenever you can.

Share the glorious good news of the gospels with others - don't keep it to yourself!

• 8 years ago

Loving their neighbors as themselves.

Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

• 8 years ago

We need to ask more meaningful questions.

Questions that make people think.

• 8 years ago

practice what they preach.

love

forgiveness

charity

judge not lest ye be judged.

the majority of christians i've met in my life judge others by these things while spewing out venomous hate and intolerance of humans that are unlike themselves.

• Vanity
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Take up reading comprehension.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.