good books to read.................?

I wanna a big book to read and also its has to be a series...uh i like all types of books but i want it to be more adventurousness and humor also some thrill....uhhh that's it

;)

Favorite Answer

If you want good book recommendations, it helps if you tell us your age, and one or two other books you really like. Otherwise you get a range of answers, mostly unhelpful. Look at the answers you've gotten so far: inkheart, a book written for middle schoolers, and game of thrones, an extremely graphic sexual and violent novel intended for adults. (as a side note, I tend to look down on those who recommend that book without giving any kind of warning about how graphic it is, they could be encouraging a child to read it, which would be highly innapropriate.) Seeing as we don't even know if you're male or female, we're really shooting blind here. But I'll do my best:

You could try Graceling by Kristen Cashore.

Here's a description (I hand typed it because I couldn't find it online, so any typo's are mine. Without further ado, the description:

His eyes. Kasta had never seen such eyes. One was silver and the other, gold. They glowed in his sun-darkened face, uneven, and strange. She was surprised that they hadn’t shown in the darkness of their first meeting. They didn’t seem human…

Then he raised his eyebrows a hair, and his mouth shifted into the hint of a smirk. He nodded at her, just barely, and it released her from her spell. Cocky, she thought. Cocky and arrogant, this one, and that was all there was to make of him. Whatever game he was playing, if he expected her to join he would be disappointed.

In a world where people born with an extreme skill --- called a grace --- are feared and exploited, Kasta carries the burden of a grace that even she despises: the grace of killing. She lives under the command of her uncle Randa, King of the Middluns, and is expected to execute his dirty work, punishing and torturing anyone who displeases him. Until one day, when she rebels.

.............................................

Or Terrier (The Legend of Beka Cooper, #1) by Tamora Pierce

Sixteen-year-old Beka Cooper lives far removed from knights, palaces, and the nobility. Her world revolves around thieves, beggars, taverns, and the lowest of the low. She's a trainee for the Provost's Guard—a rookie cop, in a world where a cop makes her own name based on her personality, her attitude toward money, and her love of the law. Beka means to prove that she is out to make her mark in this hard and physical world. She does face a large obstacle. She's shy. Painfully shy. It's hard for her to talk to people she doesn't know. It's a problem for the Guards who train her, a real problem for Beka—unless she can figure out that a uniform is a kind of costume, one she can hide behind. One that will make her a more outspoken person. Luckily, she has one friend living with her in her slum apartment: a purple-eyed black cat named Pounce. He can make himself understood in human speech if he wishes to. He's capable of doing weirdly intelligent things to help his young companion Beka. With Pounce to assist her, Beka cannot have an ordinary career.

(Oh, and she has magic. The book is a fantasy murder mystery, it’s great. Anything by Tamora Pierce is great, really.)

.........................................

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Starts a little slow but gets amazing pretty quickly:

My name is Kvothe. I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day.

You may have heard of me.

So begins the tale of Kvothe—from his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, to years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-riddled city, to his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a difficult and dangerous school of magic. In these pages you will come to know Kvothe as a notorious magician, an accomplished thief, a masterful musician, and an infamous assassin. But The Name of the Wind is so much more—for the story it tells reveals the truth behind Kvothe's legend.

..................................................

In the likely event that I guessed wrong, and none of these books interest you, try this:

Enter a book you like and the site will analyse its database of real readers' favorite books (over 32,000 and growing) to suggest what you could read next.

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/ or http://tastekid.com/

Inkhearts good. Its a large book. And by big book might you mean Big Impressive book? Reading To Kill A Mocking Bird will complete your life. The entire book feels like a series; don't read the first two paragraphs if you don't want to get bored from it easily. Its the type of book you need to push yourself to read in the beginning. You won't ever regret it its amazing. Drama love story? Alyson Noel has two good ones; I recommend you start off with Evermore. Its a page turner. The Immortal Series has about 7 or 8 books ~Evermore being the first.

Tree Shepherd's Daughter (trilogy)

Chronicles of Narnia (7)

Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians (4)

"Michael Vey," 2 so far in series

West with the Night

The way of kings (the stormlight archive) only book one released so far but it is two books of about 500 pages and there is 10 planned for release or the obvious choice the Discworld novels a massive adventure/comedy/sci-fi series.

a number of those are from lady perspectives, some could be a sprint "girly lady" on your liking yet others ought to be ok. i've got left the two type on and you may verify. Meryll of the Stone (Brian Caswell) Picnic at astounding Rock (Joan Lindsay) Stranger with my face (Lois Duncan) enjoying Beattie Bow (Ruth Parks) My Sister Sif (Ruth Parks) Hitch hikers instruction manual to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Holes (Louis Sachar) Lord of the jewellery / The Hobbit Eragorn trilogy Narnia The Golden Compass Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Requiem for a Princess (Ruth M Arthur) searching for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Angels Gate (Gary team) Sisterhood of the traveling Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) The Diary of Anne Frank To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Into the Wild (John Krakauer) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp interior the South; undesirable guy's Orange; Missus (Trilogy with the help of Ruth Parks) the place the middle is (Billie Letts) My place (Sally Morgan) Little women human beings (Louisa could Alcott) Rebecca (Daphne De Maurier) the three Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) something with the help of the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen despite you do don’t run The December Boys (Robert Noonan)

I downloaded Big City Adventure San Francisco for free here: http://bit.ly/1qXDm8I

it's a perfectly working link!

Big City Adventure San Francisco belongs to the category of hidden object games.

"A Song of Fire and Ice" series by George R. R. Martin. Possibly one of the best series written, and certainly the best currently ongoing.

The first book is "A Game of Thrones". They are making (made?) a TV series based on this book. (I've never seen it, so cannot say how good, or how true to the book.)

---- Edit for Clarkie ---

I doubt you'll see this, but you are correct. There is so much more to the book then the graphic scenes, I tend to forget. In the future, I'll only recommend this series when I have more information regarding the reader. And I will include a warning.

The house of night series!

• Spike

How about any of these books or series by these authors. Also IF you need info any of them, you can look them up at Barnes And Noble(bn.com) and Amazon.com.

The Hunt For Red October by Tom Clancy

Patriot Games by Tom Clancy

The Cardinal of the Kremlin by Tom Clancy

Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy

The Sum Of All Fears by Tom Clancy

Without Remorse by Tom Clancy

Debt Of Honor by Tom Clancy

Executive Order by Tom Clancy

Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy

Dead Or Alive by Tom Clancy

Against All Enemies by Tom Clancy

Lock On by Tom Clancy

Threat Vector by Tom Clancy

The October Circle by Robert Littell

The Sisters by Robert Littell

The Company: A Novel of the CIA by Robert Littell

Agents of Innocence by David Ignatius

Body Of Lies by David Ignatius

The Brotherhood of the Rose by David Morrell

Larry Bond's Red Dragon Rising series by Larry Bond, and Jim DeFelice

The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John Le Carre

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John Le Carre

Smiley's People by John Le Carre

A Perfect Spy by John Le Carre

The Russia House by John Le Carre

The Secret Pilgrim by John Le Carre

Our Game by John Le Carre

The Mission Song by John Le Carre

Our Kind of Traitor by John Le Carre

Spycatcher by Matthew Dunn

The Fourth Protocol by Frederick Forsyth

The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth

Cobra by Frederick Forsyth

The Guns Of Navarone by Alistair MacLean

Where Eagles Dare by Alistair MacLean

The Green Berets by Robin Moore

Tier One Wild by Dalton Fury

The Last Detective (Elvis Cole Series #9) by Robert Crais

The Sentry (Joe Pike Series #3) by Robert Crais

Taken by Robert Crais

The Last Don by Mario Puzo

Triad by Colin Falconer

The Two Chinatowns (Cisco Sanchez Series #1) by Dan Mahoney

Empire Falls by Richard Russo

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

The Sultan of Atlantic City by Lee Rudolph

Lilies of the Field by William E. Barrett

The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

The World of Suzie Wong: A Novel by Richard Mason

American Shaolin: Flying Kicks, Buddhist Monks, and the Legend of Iron Crotch: An Odyssey in the New China by Matthew Polly