Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 7 years ago

Why is Israel so anti-Christian?

They demolish Palestinian Christian's homes, build a "Jew only settlement" on top of that land, and then give the land to some European Jew who never had ancestors from the Middle East. I don't understand why Christians love Israel.

• Esther
    Best Answer

Israel is not anti-Christian at all, but she is the Jewish State, and the modern nation was re-created in order for Jews to have a homeland and a safe haven from persecution. Most European Jews are descended from the ancient Hebrews and therefore do indeed have ancestors from the Middle East. Even if they don't, it is irrelevant. The historical connection to the land is only one argument among many. The point is, Israel exists and is here to stay. If someone's Jewish roots don't go back that far, they are still Jewish and as such are part of the Jewish Nation.

Your claim of Christian homes being demolished is false. The homes that are demolished are those of the terrorists and rightly so. And the terrorists are not Christian.

Christians probably love Israel not only for the religious aspect of it but also because Israel is a democracy where all citizens, Jewish, Christian, Muslim or whatever, have equal rights and freedoms.

They are not. There are Christians living in Israel with full equal rights as everybody else. Why is Saudi Arabia so anti-Christian? And Iran? If you don't understand why Christians support Israel, read the bible! God has a holy covenent with his original people (the Jews) that he hasn't broken.

You asked this yesterday and the answer is the same. Here you go.

THE FORMATION OF ISRAEL

Ezekiel 20:34 - "I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered - with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath."

Isaiah 43:5-6,21 - "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth..."

Isaiah 26:6 NIV - "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit."

ISRAEL'S ENEMEIES

Zechariah 14:12 - "This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths."

Joel 2:30 - "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come."

• TNO

Since you copy and pasted a question you already asked, I'll copy and paste my answer:

Actually, Israel is NOT anti-Christian.

Israel is a very complex nation, which really isn't described by your little blurb there, and that's why many Christians can and do support the nation.

Israelis are warm towards those of the faith, and Israel doesn't have laws that make it undesirable to be a Christian either.

I'm a Christian and would feel safer in Israel than anywhere else in the Muslim world.

• Petit

Just look up Beit Sahur's, the Christian Palestinian town, house demolitions for example. Palestinian Muslims and Christians are considered demographic threat to Israeli territorial expansion. Israel can't annex West Bank for that reason. The main purpose behind demolishing Palestinian houses and denying Palestinians building permits is to block the Palestinian population growth needs and to give more room to the illegal (according to UNSC, ICJ and international community) Jewish-only settlements (yes Arabs can't live there only Jews). Israel is hiding behind the so-called Islamic threat, that is why they don't like when Christian persecution is mentioned, like the tens of thousands of Christians who were expelled by Israel in '48, the Jewish only settlements that squeezed out the Christians in Bethlehem and made many Christians leave their lands...etc. This is why Palestinian and other Middle Eastern Christians are anti-Israel. Israeli colonial project makes no distinction between Christians and Muslims when it comes to building new Jewish-only settlement on Palestine's land.

Aren't you that troll guy with 20 different accounts, posting the identical question over and over again?

I think you might want to go and see for yourself before you make sweeping statements that simply are not true.

The christian palestinians, under the so called "israeli oppression" are actually the wealthiest and most educated people per population in the entire middle east. I take my hat off to them as they take the billions in foriegn aid they receive and use it very wisely to build businesses, make sure their children go to school ( instead of roaming the streets throwing rocks), maintain their homes, build hospitals and universities.

Israel is NOT anti christian.. Israel has more than 50,000 lebanese christians living inside of its borders.... christians who ran away from muslims, add to that almost the same number of Sudanese christians who couldnt find a country in the region who woud take them in.

• ꇂꉧ

How can Israel be anti-Christian, if Christianity comes from the land of Canaan?

Israel is in NO way is "anti-Christian", but Christians are persecuted in most MUSLIM countries. According "Open Doors" Organisation among the top 20 countries were Christians are in danger and persecuted, 18 are MUSLIM and Israel is not mentioned - but Christians ARE persecuted under Palestinian rule

Further info: http://www.opendoorsusa.org/

See also the watch list of top 50 countries where Christians are in DANGER:

http://www.worldwatchlist.us/about/

Why are so many american Christians so ant everyone else?

Religion is religion, it's just the way things are and have been for a very long time. Propaganda does much to harm opinions of people. Stupidity enforces it. Human nature takes it too far.