Lv 6
David asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Is there a name for this behaviour?

I too have occasionally come across people that like to feign being hurt or offended.

It is rather like he child who has learned that crying will always make the adults assume that they are the wronged party.

I find it interesting interesting that they can be cunning and deceptive enough to feign offence or hurt and yet be so unaware that they are oblivious to the fact that the vast majority can see right through their attempts at manipulation and are entirely unconvinced by them.

I think such behaviour is probably some form of personality disorder but does it have name or classification.

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Its called being manipulative

  • 8 years ago

    An adult who was raised as a small child, to NEVER express their anger. Most of the time, girls are not allowed to express their anger! Boys usually are--as "Boys will be boys!" attitude in this society. Yet rational anger is a valuable defense mechanism and at times is needed for ones defense! It is better nowadays, but when I was little during the Great Depression of the l930's, girls were NEVER allowed to express anger! Was locked in a tiny bathroom whenever I was angry/noisy and couldn't come out until I was quiet and put a "smile" on my face. I had a breakdown in my mid-30's and went into therapy and had to learn that I could-- that I needed to learn how to express my feelings--including anger--appropriately and effectively.

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago


  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Leeches, parasites who use compassion to milk good people.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    You know something, i DO actually know the technical name but as soon as i went to answer i totally forgot damn!!! It is similar to narcissistic personality disorder, google it? If i remember i will message you...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.