? asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 8 years ago

Is there any medical treatment that can shut down your sexual hormones?

I really think I'm giving up on men. All the good ones don't want me, it's not my looks so there has to be something wrong with my personality. Either way, good men aren't attracted to me, only cruel jerks who want to bring down my self-esteme.

So I think I'm better off on my own, the problem getting rid of your sexual urges. I heard there was something they give inmates... perverted ones in the jail to turn them off. Can you get it on the market too?

1 Answer

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I am an MD. Female sexuality is thought to be much more complex than male sexuality, so suppressing female sexuality is similarly complex. However, most authorities feel that androgens play a central role in causing sexual urges in both men and women. Anti-androgenic drugs are available for this purpose. Check out the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiandrogen.

    It is well known that many anti-depressants also suppress sex drive in people of both sexes. Prozac is classic for this and indeed is used to prevent or lessen premature ejaculation in men.

    I don't think you should give up on men. There is somebody for everybody, my parents used to tell me. But I do think women miss out on love often because they want only the perfect mate, and that, sadly, is not possible. Even Jennifer Anniston had to give up on having a relationship with Brad Pitt. He was obviously not her perfect match.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.