So...what did you guys think about the Oscars last night?

Any thoughts on the Awards and its winners?

Thoughts on the ceremony?

Do you think anyone deserved which ever award they won?

Do you think anyone didn't deserve any award? (You can be honest, I won't judge, its your opinion. I wanted Jessica Chastain to win best actress, but what can you do).

Importantly.... what did you guys think of Seth Macfarlane as the host? I don't know why critics are hating on him, they knew he was going to be edgy, why pan what you already expect? You might be surprised in the end. I know people who were skeptical about the choice of having him host but were quite impressed in the end. I thought he did an amazing job as the host. He's an awesome singer, and he was able to stay edgy with his humor while maintaining that Hollywood type classiness. In short, the dude's a showman. Though i'm kind of bias because I love Family Guy.

But that's just my opinion, here I ask YOU... what did you think of Macfarlane? And the overall award show?

Favorite Answer

90% of those who hated him are middle aged, politically correct, soulless creatures who still think it is 1956 and that the Oscars is the greatest thing on television today. He was hilarious, yet at the same time, a very respectful host. The show hasn't seen ratings this high since 2007, and his humor was a big reason for its success. Those who know anything about MacFarlane know that last night was very PG compared to, say, Ted or Family Guy OR the couple times he's hosted a Comedy Central Roast. Bottom line: the show tends to get more and more boring every year, and Seth reinvigorated it. Musical performances left something to be desired. Shirley Bassey - never again. Streisand was the only decent act; not to mention that she still looks very good for her age. What was up with Nicholson? Only there to present the First Lady. Come on, everyone wants to hear Jack speak! Kristen Stewart looked extremely awkward and nervous, and speaking of awkward, Jennifer Lawrence. All is forgiven though.

I thought Argo would honestly win best picture AND Affleck would take director. No complaints with Ang Lee though; Life of Pi was an astonishing movie experience. DDL was the obvious pick for best actor. He kills it in almost every movie he's ever been in. I still cringe watching him in "There Will Be Blood." I was glad for Tarantino too for his original screenplay - he had no competition whatsoever.

Overall, I have little to complain about. The Oscars need more hosts with a sense of humor like Seth.

• Bobbin

I think MacFarlane should have produced the show, besides or instead of emceeing. His own shows and specials are better. He can parody without being mean-spirited. You could tell he was not being spontaneous last night, fighting censors' cautions all the time with someone else's material. The show was supposed to be a tribute to music, and that's his specialty.

That was once Omar Sharif Jr., the grandson of Omar Sharif the noted actor from Dr. Zhivago and Lawrence of Arabia. He's a budding actor in his possess proper. The recommend has a narrative on him on its internet site.

• Tommy

i stopped watching the Oscars in 2000

that was the year the oscars stopped giving em to real winners.

hasnt changed since.

the year Green Mile lost to one of the worst movies ever made

American Beauty

is the year i stopped watching any except the opening

It wasn't bad.. I think the begining was pretty annoying though. I do think this movie should be selected next year! I love scary movies and wanted to know do you all think the new movie Evil Dead is gonna be good? I seen the trailer, lol heres my reaction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaT9rRoTE-Y

Youtube thumbnail

I think it's going to be pretty epic!

HAHA on the spoof version of the Oscars (cant remember wat its called) Kristen Stuart got worst actress award - the headline was 'Actresses actually need to have facial expressions'! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): Yahoo News