Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

How To Find Alaskan Malamute Breeders In The Quebec Area?

I want to get a puppy very soon, and this is the kind of dog I want. However, apart from the random ads on lets say, kijiji, I am having a hard time finding breeders, and I was wondering if there is an easier way to do so. Thanks.

Best Answer

Go to Indigo and buy a copy of "Dogs in Canada (2013)." This is a publication produced by the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC), which is the governing body of dog breeders in Canada. In there is a listing of registered breeders in Canada, categorized by breed. Not every registered breeder is in there, so you might also want to go to the library and see if you can get the 2012, 2011 and 2010 editions as well. You will now have a lead on several reputable and registered Malamute breeders in Quebec.

I also recommend contacting a listed Malamute breeder in Ontario and on the East Coast and ask them if they know of any recommended breeders of Malamutes in Quebec. The good breeders of the same breed often get to know one another, so this can help you identify the "top dog."

Lastly, find the Alaskan Malamute Breeders Club of Canada or Quebec and contact them to find reputable breeders. You can either find this club with the internet, or by phoning the CKC.

I strongly recommend reading several editions of the "Dogs in Canada" magazine since the first half has excellent tips on finding a good breeder and other early stage dog information. I have also previously answered a YA question on how to identify a reputable breeder, so search YA for that question.

Alaskan Malamute Breeders Canada

Reputable breeders can be found through this link:

http://www.quadrant.net/amcc/breeders_breederrefer...

Seems there is only one breeder in Quebec that is on this list. You may have to contact the club for further info on a reputable breeder in your area.

Kijiji ads are not reputable.